Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout: New Vegas

What a stupid I am!!

So after writing a support ticket to Gamestop to figure out why I couldn't get the game to download, I get a return e-mail to activate it through Steam, DUH!

The worst I've seen offered is it looks like Fallout3 with new settings and characters and for the life of me I can't see what's wrong with that. Part of the charm of playing the game was the 1950's sepia look that went with the story.

2 hours 41 minutes to game time.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

I'm looking forward to it. Should be able to get a little time in today.

Comment

I purchased it and began the download, it's waiting patiently now for me to get off work.

Comment

I got about two hours in today. To me, not much has changed from Fallout 3, but looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Comment

I had an issue with my bonus content and Trymedia and Gamestop were all over helping me resolve my issue. I have never had such a prompt response to any game related issue before and this will definitely influence returning for future purchases.

Graphics are refined, much more color, movement is cleaner but the overall ambiance is the same. Some of the features have been tweaked but are still recognizable and I am impressed so far and know that this will see more than one play through (I'll have to try it on hardcore).
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Hardcore all the way! After playing with the FWE mod the last couple playthroughs of FO3, this just makes sense for me.

Graphics definitely are sharper, but I'm still waiting for the high res texture packs to come out. Might try loading up Darnified UI this afternoon. After playing with it for so long in Fallout 3, it's weird having the UI be all huge again. My bonus content from Amazon was worthless. Sold almost all of it immediately.

I love the fact they went with iron sites for weapons. So much more realistic.

Only bug I've found so far is some clipping issues with enemies getting trapped under parts of the terrain. Oh and the typical engine bug where is crashes on exiting, but FO3 did that for ages till the last patch.

It does feel like Fallout 3, but better. It seems more Fallout than Fallout 3 was. Getting a perk every other level, tons of dialouge, doctor bags, multiple ways to resolve quests - these are all traits of the original games and I love it. Don't get me wrong, I loved Fallout 3. It's just good to be back in the desert.
            Last edited by Spyder228; 10-20-2010, 08:54 AM.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Anyone having any issues with sound where you can't hear an NPC's voice when they are talking?

Comment

Mod tools are out!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                  It seems more Fallout than Fallout 3 was.
                  Exactly. I'm 10 hours in and loving it. I lost interest in F3 halfway trough, but this one seems worthy of multiple playtroughs. Make sure to pick the wild wasteland trait if you liked the dark humor of fallout 1 and 2.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                    Exactly. I'm 10 hours in and loving it. I lost interest in F3 halfway trough, but this one seems worthy of multiple playtroughs. Make sure to pick the wild wasteland trait if you liked the dark humor of fallout 1 and 2.
                    What level do you get that perk? I think I'm only up to lvl 7. Just got my first companion last night. Have to say - Varmit rifle +extended mags + silencer = great close to mid range sniper rifle. Probably my most used guy after the powerful 10mm pistol.

I can't wait for some user created weapons and weapon mods. This game is just begging to be modded!

Oh yeah, if you're looking for a place to stash your gear, I hear there's a certain old prospector in Goodsprings that doesn't mind if you dump hundreds of lbs of stuff into his footlocker.

Comment

For your amusement:

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                        What level do you get that perk?
                        It's a trait, so you can only select it at character creaton. It makes the game a bit less serious, adding more easter eggs and some uniqe weapons.

Mods are already coming out at http://www.newvegasnexus.com/ , my first download was MTUI which changes font sizes to smaller ones so you can see more options in a dialog window and more items in your inventory as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

YES!!11!!! I'm so pumped a UI mod is finally out.

I don't remembering seeing that trait. Oh well, I'll take for my evil playthrough. If this is anything like FO3 I'll get about 6-8 playthroughs in before something better comes along so I'll grab one of the times.

Comment

So how many of you know who the "Singing Fisherman" was?

I'm really enjoying the radio station play lists. I listened to Marty Robbins growing up as he was one of my Dad's favorites and the collection of 50's era CW is really classic.
                            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I have no idea who that is...........

The music is much better. Not just the radio, but the ambient music is MUCH better. No more recycled Oblivion music.

I can't find any of Mojave Music Radio online anywhere. I've had this one song from that station stuck in my head all day.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X