The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ahh the BEST series of all time return with the fifth installment, on 11/11/11. I can not wait; time to break out the Morrowind & Oblivion discs.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hopefully it's more like Morrowind.

Comment

I spent more hours on oblivion than i care to admit. I missed morrowind so i can't say but I believe they will make a great game anyway. I still love oblivion and play it every so often. The mods made that game incredible.

- -

Comment

Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...scrolls/708369

Enjoy, its pretty impressive.

Comment

Morrowind devoured my soul when I was younger, and I will gladly let TES V do the same. They better fix the mistakes they made in Oblivion though (Ex: small map overall, only 4 factions, little to no misc quests, etc). I beat Oblivion the same day I bought the game, but Morrowind probably took me a month to beat, and the rest of the quests in Morrowind can give you over 700+ hours of gameplay, plus another 100-200 from the expansions. Then, after the first 1000 hours, you start a new character and do it all again :)

If Bethesda Softworks can pull this one off (Morrowind style), I will forever be in their debt.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

If you didn't play Mart's or Oscuro's for oblivion then you reallllyyyy missed out. That's just the tip of the iceberg too. The community made oblivion 100x better.

That will be my only hope with the new TES, that they allow modding.

- -

Comment

I remember Morrowind having a lot of depth. They had Light/Medium/Heavy armor, as where Oblivion only had Light/Heavy. I also like how Morrowind said "goto this general area and find the item you need". Oblivion said "here it is, right here in this corner!". Seriously though, I enjoyed Oblivion ALOT, but Morrowind took a lot more of my time I think. I actually only played both of these on Xbox, and the 360, both were good "console" games.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                If you didn't play Mart's or Oscuro's for oblivion then you reallllyyyy missed out. That's just the tip of the iceberg too. The community made oblivion 100x better.

That will be my only hope with the new TES, that they allow modding.
                I never, ever played vanilla Oblivion, it was simply too bad. My big complaint about oblivion/morrowind was the 255 mod limit, I sometimes had over 400 mods installed on my computer :) To give Oblivion credit though, with all 20 or so unique landscape mods, Banannasplit's Better Cities mod, and Qarl's Texture Pack 3, the game looked brilliant.

I am rather certain Bethesda will allow modding, as that is the sole reason their franchise is as big as it is today. I personally liked to make small mods all the time, heres a large scale house mod I built a while back (but unfortunately it died with my last HD).

Another fun mod (One of the many worlds added in Midas Magic)

Here's Some Unique Landscapes pictures to show you how amazing the team has made the oblivion wilderness' look:

And here's an interesting collage of one of the areas in UL:

@Undead, wow you are really missing out. The original games were good but with community mods, they turned into masterpieces. Morrowind + mods, and Oblivion + mods are currently my 1st and 2nd favorite games of all time.
                Last edited by MacLeod; 12-13-2010, 12:48 AM.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

You really didn't get to play a great oblivion then undead, sadly. It's still on my hard drive right up there with bioware games as top RPG games to play.

Some Coop would be nice to have with this game too. Just give us 2-6 player coop and scale the difficulty. It would be total awesome sauce.

- -

Comment

I still think Daggerfall was the best. I enjoyed the vastness of the empire you got to travel through.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I am really looking forward to this game. I have been an Elder Scrolls addict since Daggerfall.

|TG-IrrP|MaxweII

Comment

Another trailer....

with in-game footage! :O

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ga...10872?type=flv

Comment

Maybe the vanilla version of this game will be better than Oblivion.

Comment

Vanilla does not matter too much to me anyways the first few playthroughs, as I soon grab mods to make the experience better.

What I'm mainly hoping for hoping for:
                            • A larger world like the one in Morrowind.
                            • Better combat, like the style in the Deadly Reflex mod.
                            • Better magic (ex: Supreme Magic/Midus Magic mods).
                            • More factions like in Morrowind. Four in Oblivion was pathetic compared to the many in Morrowind (thieves guild, fighters guild, mages guild, morag tong, tribunal temple, house hlaalu, house telvanni, house redoran, imperial cult, imperial legion, east empire company, vampire clans).
                            • Non-scaled enemies. In Morrowind you needed to be a very high level to be able to kill Dagoth-Ur/even make your way to Dagoth-Ur. In Oblivion I beat the game, the mages guild, and the fighters guild all at level 3 because all of the enemies scaled down (fixed in mods such as OOO and MMM).

The soundtrack in the video was "meh", I loved the simplistic strings and flute sounds in the Morrowind sound track but I thought the Oblivion one was pretty lame. Morrowind felt immersive while Oblivion felt like you were hearing standard fantasy-esque music. I do like tough how they are sticking to the central TES theme in the song which they got away from a bit in Oblivion.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...