Nehrim - At Fate's Edge: An Oblivion Overhaul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nehrim - At Fate's Edge: An Oblivion Overhaul

I do not know if any of you have played this yet, but the Oblivion mod Nehrim is giving me the most fun I have had in a very long while. I have heard of it before but just passed it off as another random mod until I read the article about it in PC Gamer where it won the Best Mod of the Year for 2010 and almost won the Best RPG of the Year; yea, it's that good. The only issue I have had so far with the mod is that it was created by a team of German modders so the voice acting (very impressive by the way, they used 56 different professionals), is unfortunately all in German, but the game comes with English subtitiles for all of the speech and all of the text is in English as well. It promotes itself by saying that the main quest by itself takes 50 hours, and after playing it for 4 hours straight today (and only getting through a few quests) I can agree. I will probably write a review for it after playing it a bit longer but I just want to draw all of your attention to this now as it is a great way to get back into the gameplay of TES before Skyrim comes out.

Note: This is a COMPLETE overhaul, and as such it has a completely new world that has nothing to do with Tamriel.

You can find it here.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Re: Nehrim - At Fate's Edge: An Oblivion Overhaul

I saw that same article in PC Gamer and it was on my list of things to try so I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. :) I'll probably give it a go next week.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Re: Nehrim - At Fate's Edge: An Oblivion Overhaul

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
      I saw that same article in PC Gamer and it was on my list of things to try so I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. :) I'll probably give it a go next week.
      Well, I think I just reached level 9 now (or somewhere around there) and I'm pleased to report that Nehrim is living up to expectations. Great game so far and definitely takes me back to the days of when I was playing Oblivion. :)

Thankfully it is possible to use some of the Oblivion mods so I was able to get improved textures, a minimap, and being able to drop lit torches and such. If you're giving this a go and want to know the mods I got running then just send me a note or reply here and I'll go into more detail.

If you don't mind going into the gory details you can reference the following:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...im-and-mods-ii

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse