Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Quite an amazing game and if you haven't thought about buying it, think again. It's like an updated and very polished oblivion that runs soooo smooth. The game has many updated systems that are very similar to oblivion but also very new and better ones from previous games.

I have created a TS channel to discuss the game. There are a few of us playing it.

Death blows are awwwweesome.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

- -

Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Warning!! HUGE TIME SINK!!! You will be saying "Battlefield what?" when you get into it..

Great game.. fairly deep..

HUGE WORLD..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
      Warning!! HUGE TIME SINK!!!
      I sank 12 hours into this game over the weekend and felt like I barely scratched the surface. So much stuff to do that it's overwhelming at times!
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

resisting......resisting.....resisting.........

Comment

I haven't played BF3 or MW3 since I could finally install my pre-loaded version of Skyrim.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

In before the patch:
            http://www.iheartchaos.com/post/12789795965/how-to-get-unlimited-gold-in-skyrim-hurry-and

*note posting this bc it's humorous and those who play it will get a kick out of the article.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I put 800 hours into a single character in Morrowind, and I got probably 1/3rd of everything to do in that game. I beat the entire main quest (obviously not nearly everything but still a chunk) of oblivion in about 6 hours though, so Skyrim better go back to the long drawn out days of old. I can't wait to check out the new Construction Set and start making new stuff. I was in the process of creating a little countryside manor in Oblivion that I never got around to finishing.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Was the construction set, fairly easy to use, or was it like typical mod tools?

Comment

I have never used any other modding tools before but after messing around with the construction set and getting the hang of it, the controls are relatively simple and updating/creating new mods (content, not Textures or Meshes) is a breeze. The Morrowind one was a bit trickier, but after a while you got used to it as well.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Skyrim? Is that what the kids call it nowadays?

But seriously, I'm kinda meh about TES V right now. Sure, it's a nice game, but IMO it's not a nice Elder Scrolls game.

Caveat: I'm playing the PC version and i've played Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall so my outlook is skewed compared to people who jumped in during Oblivion.

There's several things in the game that mar my ability to really get into the game, or even to judge it as a decent game compared to it's predecessors.

First off, and no beating around the bush, the UI is horrible, especially for a PC game, and several other problems stem from the UI. They somehow made Oblivion's default UI look useful. I'd love to be able to sort through my inventory and find out at a glance, say, what's heavy that i need to drop/sell, or sort by price for ingredients. Let me have my currently equipped items put up in the first few slots, instead of scattered all about the apparel and weapons lists. About 50% of the people i've talked to didn't know how to quickslot items, and quickslotting currently breaks if you have more than one of the type of weapon/shield in your inventory.

I think this infographic also sums up the majority of my problems with the UI:

I dislike that my character has no focus. He/she is everyman, capable of doing everything, and is God in that setting. There is no real character development, no planning out your character. A mage can wield 2-handed warhammers while wearing platemail and it doesn't even slow him down or penalize his magic use, all while being an expert at lockpicking and pickpocketing. There's no stats to govern the specific skills, and skill points so far have come fast and easy.

The game LOOKS good, even on my more aging hardware, but it's badly, badly optimized, something that I really hope bethesda fixes. I'm already running a Large Address Aware hack to make the game see more than 2GB of memory since by default it's a 32-bit application, which is also why it seems to run out of memory for me and crash silently without it (it really helped my crashing). Looking at a wall, i could get 75 FPS in a building, then turn 15 degrees and get 20 FPS while my videocard is only running at 67% capacity and my CPU is only 80% utilized. Shadows look horrible except on Ultra (and sometimes even then) but ultra shadows are horribly unoptimized and murder even dual GTX 580s from what i've read off of NeoGAF.

The gameworld seems small with all of the fast-travel available, and even without it... I also hate how the character you play is basically god in the game to everyone else. I preferred Morrowind's approach, you were, after all, a prisoner, and a stranger to the country, so noone gave you the time of day until halfway through the game.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Interesting look Bis, I was rather disappointed with Oblivion until I modded the crap out of it because I kept on trying to compare it to Morrowind, and when I pick up TESV in a day or so I will probably do the same. I expect to see another DarnIfied UI mod again, that guy made the Oblivion UI much easier to use.

Also the transition from "make it quick outlander, I haven't much time" to the many praises you get later on (especially getting called pumpkin pie by Crassius Curio) is an interesting effect.

On a side note, Balmora is beautiful in the Morrowind 2011 graphical overhaul.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                        Interesting look Bis, I was rather disappointed with Oblivion until I modded the crap out of it because I kept on trying to compare it to Morrowind, and when I pick up TESV in a day or so I will probably do the same. I expect to see another DarnIfied UI mod again, that guy made the Oblivion UI much easier to use.
                        Exactly. Quite honestly I'm not in a hurry to play Skyrim simply to give mods time to be created. :D Even as good looking as Oblivion was, you could make it a lot better with high resolution texture mods amongst others. Not to mention the de-consolitis mods that were created such as Darnified UI.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Nightingale armor is epic! I just got my set. I won't tell you where, since some people may not have made it that far yet.

Comment

Oh my....Batman Armour...I'm getting me some of that. Just got my Daedric smithing so I'm going make some of that first then this Nord is going shopping!

Comment

Dearest Vulcan, could we have our own Skyrim Forum? It would make it a low easier to get all of these threads together.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...