• Star Wars Galaxies

Anyone play this?

Is it any good?

Constructive feedback please.

Thanks,

Dirt013
    Dirt013

Re: Star Wars Galaxies

Stopped playing after two months. I enjoyed it alot until I hit master heavy swordsman/master surgeon. I've heard from others that I played SWG with that as of late, it is not worth playing in regards to the new expansion pack and SOE's lack of game content.

Comment

played for over a year, ithas huge wold and can build cities and make your mark. However it has become completley out of balance and you can become master in hours and complete all content quickly.
      (no fancy graphic)
      Question Reality

Comment

Originally posted by BudahMan
        However it has become completley out of balance and you can become master in hours and complete all content quickly.
        How?

i'm NOT the type of player who just wants to become a Master Jedi (or whatever) in a matter of hours. i don't like the grind either, but if it can be a healthy balance, i'm interested.

what was your overall impression of the game BudahMan?
        Dirt013

Comment

Dirt i played for quite some time. While it's interesting at first and can hold your attention for a while, the world around you has detiorated into empty cities and it's really not much fun. Mostly power gamers left who are playing their jedi and RP casual gamers still trying to live in the SW universe. Though it varies from server to server i'm sure. If you were to play solo you probably wouldn't like it that much.

- -

Comment

I RP Star Wars d20 live almost every Thursday.

The only thing I remember about SWG anymore, is that my TERRIBLE old GM used to run a game based directly upon it.

My God, we got punished for going anywhere but Tatooine, he was a bad GM overall in the way that if we argued about any rulings we got docked EXP, argued about in game stuff we got docked EXP, and then he actually made Twitch's character have multiple personalities. He was like, "you do this." No choice.

Worst GM ever, even worse than the guy I used to play under who would make every NPC insane JUST to combat whatever your character did. Spiked chain fighter? Everyone has max ranks in tumble, you are worthless. Wizard/Sorcerer? They all have SR of like 30...

But now I'm just getting a bit TOO off topic :P

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
              Worst GM ever, even worse than the guy I used to play under who would make every NPC insane JUST to combat whatever your character did. Spiked chain fighter? Everyone has max ranks in tumble, you are worthless. Wizard/Sorcerer? They all have SR of like 30...

But now I'm just getting a bit TOO off topic :P
              Man...take your PnP rant somewhere else ya freak!

j/king.

if i do decide to get the game...i'll let you all know how it turns out.

Dirt013
              Dirt013

Comment

I picked the game up a week ago, well the game and both expansions for $30. Haven't opened it or signed up yet though, I have a friend who plays, and so I might decide to install it.

Comment

I had it a long time ago for a few months after it came out. It was a nice, fun game. Tons to do, and some really beatiful scenery. Then I stopped playing it for some reason... I cant remember. One thing that pissed me off was when I finally bought a house and then couldnt play for a few days, when I came back it was destroyed because I hadnt been upkeeping it, which was like 3,000 a day for a small house. The house was 10,000.

But it really was pretty awesome to go out questing with a few others, kill a nest and some things, then build a camp and heal eachother while watching a wookie shake his booty to the tune of a pipe player, and use the dead animals to build another camp kit.

Comment

Haha I still remember the clan I was in. The Krayt Dragon Syndicate. I signed up there and they were like "here have a house." It was good fun, but at the time I was on a 56k so it was horrible playing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X