• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Burning Sea

Have you seen this game yet?
    http://www.burningsea.com/index.php

This is also interesting

1.10 How will the game be distributed?
    We are using Valve's new Steam technology to distribute the game entirely online. There will be no retail box in stores. Steam handles purchasing, subscriptions, logins, progressive content downloads, and upgrades. Go to www.steampowered.com for more information.

That's pretty cool i think, anyway i applied for beta as i do with most mmo's. Looks like a fun game though, good graphics.

- -

Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea

This is getting closer to release and I have been following so I thought I would post updates here.

I orginally posted to http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...irates+Burning

The producer talks about Why Pirates will be different from other MMO's

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?s...meID=68&bhcp=1
    Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I forgot to add that the release is in sight.

From a devlog

"As I said, we have a scheduled time to announce our ship date, and given its proximity to PAX, weve decided to announce the date there. "

PAX is in mid August.
      Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Arr.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande
          I forgot to add that the release is in sight.

From a devlog

"As I said, we have a scheduled time to announce our ship date, and given its proximity to PAX, we’ve decided to announce the date there. "

PAX is in mid August.
          PAX is at the end of August. I'll be there, and I'll write up a big long report for Tactical Gamer, and you can bet there will be plenty of words and pictures about PotBS. I saw this at least year's PAX and it looks real nice.

Comment

Ill be trying this out. Ever since I played Curse of Monkey Island I have been hooked.

Comment

I've always liked pirates and sailing ships. I tend to stay away from mmo's because of the grinding nature, like harvesting rocks. However, reading one of the developer blogs about the economy looks like there might not be any economic grinding at least. I'll keep an eye on this game.

Here's the blog about the economy.

http://www.flyinglab.com/pirates/log...h=03&year=2006

Comment

I just read that blog and now I am really interested. I just hope the sailing and gameplay is fun.

Comment

Eve has the best economy of any game out there. Looks like this game will take a step in the same direction. Kudos to them on that.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                    PAX is at the end of August. I'll be there, and I'll write up a big long report for Tactical Gamer, and you can bet there will be plenty of words and pictures about PotBS. I saw this at least year's PAX and it looks real nice.
                    You still going to PAX TychoCelchuuu?

Comment

Yeah, I'll be there next weekend. Bringing my camera and my brain, and I hope to have that writeup done soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                        Yeah, I'll be there next weekend. Bringing my camera and my brain, and I hope to have that writeup done soon after.
                        Ill be waiting for it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamespy Review
                          Unfortunately, my inexperience shows and my starter vessel is quickly turned into matchsticks floating all over the combat instance, According to Williams, I'll get a new starter vessel when I get back to port, and players will never be without a vessel. Better ships, however, will have decay points that will go down every time a ship gets destroyed. As there's no way to repair these decay points, a ship that loses its last point is permanently destroyed along with everything on board (excluding unique items such as "Blackbeard's Cannon" that players might have acquired from powerful NPCs or quests). Even with that proviso, however, losing a big, expensive ship is going to be a pretty severe death penalty.
                          I was interested in the game at first, but after reading Gamespy's review... meh. I dont like the idea of losing some uber ship, and being forced into some tiny vessel just because I lagged (Or something else).

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                          [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                          [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Gamespy, give me a break. I hate those sites.....its just like any MMO you win some you loose some. I like the idea of a normal, plausable MMO. Really gonna be cool.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

If you had one uber ship, you'll probably have enough money to buy another uber ship by the time that first one sinks. I don't think they are going to kick you into a rowboat every time your ping spikes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X