Guild Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars

A few close friends of my fiance and I talked us into purchasing guild wars. I was wondering if anyone else plays this title? I have a level 7 warrior / monk.

Re: Guild Wars

I used to, but I gave my account to Apo.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I've got it aswell but stopped when BF2 came out. Got to level 12 or so.
      To be honoust, I think I'll stick to BF2 and CounterStrike.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had a fairly good character (Ranger/Elementalist , level 20) but after failing the Thirsty River mission (the last one before ascension) about 45 times due to atrocious groups I wanted to smash my computer. Then I found BF2.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Is it worth buying?

Dirt013
          Dirt013

Comment

It's fun for a while, but the limited levelling that there is turned me off. I'm a guy who likes stuff like BF2 more than RPGs, which always seemed kinda incredibly artificial to me with all their numbers.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I played Guild Wars in Beta, and for about an hour and a half in retail.

The one good thing about it, I won't have to pay if I ever want to start it up and play again... But the likelyhood of that happening? ...I just sat here staring at my monitor for about 15 seconds trying to think of a 'likelyhood' to go with my previous statement, It never came, so I figure neither will the event of me booting that game up again.

It's not that its a bad game, It's just a game you have to play when in a certain mood, and for me, I don't really like that mood, and when I am in that mood, I don't really want to play anything.

when going with NCSoft games, City Of Heroes / Villains is a better value, even though you pay monthly for it, they're better in my opinion.

I would try it out prior to purchasing, have a friend buy it or something =)

Hope that helps a bit

-Vinzalf
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I've read that its not too great playing by yourself. Best to get together with a group of online buddies and travel through the world instances.

Comment

SRO beats it imo. I played it a while ago and while it has some "cool" features it just wasn't great, mostly because it's generic.
                  The exploring is cool for a while though, I see it becoming similar to Diablo which is probably what the devs are trying to achieve.

- -

Comment

My team has an active GW group. Drop by our TS status page to see if anyone's playing.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I got GW a few days ago, and have been really enjoying it. Maybe TG could setup a TS channel for it...
                      Or someone could tell me about a TS server with active GW players on it.
                      veh-JEET
                      No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Comment

Hey, people are talking about things that I know about ^^ I've got a level 20 Elementalist/Monk, and I've finished all the missions and am hungrily awaiting chapter two.

Originally posted by munchkin
                        I had a fairly good character (Ranger/Elementalist , level 20) but after failing the Thirsty River mission (the last one before ascension) about 45 times due to atrocious groups I wanted to smash my computer. Then I found BF2.

Ouch... yeah thirsty river can be a pain but it's absolutely peanuts to the Thunderhead Keep mission... I have no idea how many times I played that blasted thing.

Originally posted by TheVegeet
                        I got GW a few days ago, and have been really enjoying it. Maybe TG could setup a TS channel for it...
                        Or someone could tell me about a TS server with active GW players on it.
                        Actually, yes. I'm an officer in a very friendly guild called Fidelis Belle. If I could remember the forum url I'd dig it up but... I don't. We're not whores about rank or experience, and we figure that an inexperienced but willing player is much better than a master ass.

The server:
                        www.fidelisbelle.game-server.cc:8767

If anyone asks, tell them Ashura Stephanos sent you ^^

Comment

Hate to be a hater but...

Most of the time I felt like I was following a path through the world, the world wasnt as open as I wouldve liked.

The MMORPG only occurs in towns and outposts.

The instant travel thing can easily be abused to let you warp out of combat.

Mesmers dominate the arena at high levels.

So uh, if you can get over those you might enjoy yourself.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                          [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                          [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

I've been looking into Guild Wars, and am actually thinking of buying it. From what I've read, it is like a free WoW. NOW WOW! My main concerns are No monthly fee customization, graphics, and game feel. Would Guild Wars fit what I'm looking for?

Comment

Anyone intrested would love Guild Wars. I don't know if anyone would consider this advertising it, which making it against the rules, but, would anyone want to join my guild? We have a cape, a nice leader, we're getting a website and forums up now.

Back to what I was saying before. Anyone intrested will love guild wars. If any n00bs need help, whisper Blackout Shadowman when I'm on. Whisper me anytime, I might not be on though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X