No announcement yet.

Urbandead Basic Survival Guide

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urbandead Basic Survival Guide

Well, we got quite a few people hold up at the Uncles Building. I'll give you starting guys a few pointers on where to get items.

Pistols, Shotguns, ammo, flak jackets (reduce damage over 5 by one point, you only need one): Search Police Departments.

Axes and Flare Gun: Fire Departments

Med kits: Hospitals

Survivors can enter barricaded buildings up to Very Strong (VS). Anything "Heavily" or higher you can't access directly. You need the skill "free running" if you wish to enter those buildings. You would enter a VS building, then move to adjecent buildings.

Kempsterbank (the burb west of Wray Heights) is a pretty safe neighborhood. They keep most of their buildings at VS with a good amount of players for the watch. Just make sure you hol' up in a barricaded building before you log off.

Re: Urbandead Basic Survival Guide

Dropping items costs 0ap.

Free-running is important to get early, as it lets you traverse safe buildings.

I'd suggest stocking up on ammo before entering combat, especially early on when you'll be missing a lot. Early characters might fare better with melee weapons and skills.

You get XP for every point of damage you cause to a zombie, and a bonus of +10 (I think) for a kill shot.

You get 5 XP for healing a survivor with a first aid kit. If you gain medical abilities, you heal more with each first aid kit, but still only get 5 XP per heal.

You get somewhere between 10-15 (can't quite remember) XP for reviving a zombie (use a revive syringe, must have Necrotech Employment + Lab Experience to find/operate). Zombies have to be standing for you to revive them, and some are immune.

You get 5 XP for successfully DNA extracting (need a DNA extractor, must have Necrotech employment to find) a zombie. Some are immune/difficult.
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

A fire axe is your best bet for melee combat as it does the most damage and has a fairly high hit rate at advanced levels. It also requires no reloading.

Also, when killing a zombie: you get 10 XP + the XP for the full amount of damage the weapon would have done.
      Ex: you're fighting a zombie with 1 HP left. If you punch him for one damage, you get 11 XP (one for the damage + 10 for the kill). But if you shoot a 1 HP zombie with a shotgun (10 DMG), you'd get 20 XP (10 for the damage, even though he only needed 1 more point to die) + 10 for the kill. Remember that.

Human skills list (I have them all, so take a look if you need to decide what to buy) Sub skills and sub-sub skills are denoted with dashes:

Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)
        -Pistol Training (An extra +25% to hit with a pistol.)
        --Advanced Pistol Training (An extra +10% to hit.)
        -Shotgun Training (An extra +25% to hit with a shotgun.)
        --Advanced Shotgun Training (An extra +10% to hit.)

Hand-to-Hand Combat (+15% to melee attacks.)
        -Knife Combat (An extra +15% when attacking with a knife.)
        -Axe Proficiency (An extra +15% when attacking with an axe.)

Free Running (Can move between adjacent buildings without stepping outside.)

NecroTech Employment (Player is able to operate DNA Extractors, and can identify NecroTech offices from the street.)
        -Lab Experience (Can recognise and operate basic-level NecroTech equipment.)
        --NecroNet Access (Player can access terminals in powered NT buildings, allowing map scans and syringe manufacture.)

First Aid (Player is able to heal an extra 5HP when using a first-aid kit.)
        -Surgery (Player can heal a further 5HP if working in a hospital with power.)

Diagnosis (The HP values of nearby survivors are displayed next to their name.)

Shopping (Player may choose which stores to loot, when searching a mall.)
        -Bargain Hunting (Player is 25% more likely to find something when searching a mall.)

Body Building (Player has a maximum of 60 Hit Points instead of 50.)

Tagging (Player's spraycans last longer. XP bonuses are awarded for tagging certain buildings.)

Construction (Player is able to barricade buildings.)

Headshot (If you kill a zombie, it must spend an extra 5AP to stand up.)

Zombie skills (mostly useless to a human, but at least you can see them here):

Scent Fear (Survivors with fewer than 25HP are shown as 'wounded' in room descriptions, and asterisked on the map.)
          -Scent Blood (The HP values of nearby survivors are displayed next to their name.)
          -Scent Trail (Zombie is able to sense the new positions of survivors it's had recent contact with.)

Digestion (Whenever the zombie deals bite damage, it gains HP equal to the damage dealt.)
          -Infectious Bite (Bitten survivors become infected and lose 1HP per action until cured.)

Vigour Mortis (Zombie gets +10% to hit with all non-weapon attacks.)
          -Neck Lurch (Zombie gets an extra +10% to hit with bite attacks.)
          -Death Grip (Zombie gets an extra +15% to hit with hand attacks.)
          -Rend Flesh (Hand attacks deal an extra 1 damage.)

Memories of Life (Zombie is able to open doors to buildings.)
          -Death Rattle (Zombie is able to communicate through a limited, groaned form of speech.)

Lurching Gait (Zombie can walk as fast as the living.)
          -Ankle Grab (Zombie only spends 1AP standing up.)

I am currently missing 2 zombie skills; one increases your zombie hand attack accuracy after a successful hand attack, the other rots your zombie brain so that you can't be revived (don't get this if you like being human, heh).

If you ever become a zombie and have XP to waste, I'd recommend getting Lurching Gait and Ankle Grab so that you can get to revive areas easier.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed