Everquest Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everquest Question

Ok, the volume of Everquest Titles on the shelf just bewildered me.

There's the original everquest, sitting right next to all of it's expansions, and even a $30 box that has all 10.

Then, there is EQ2, which is available as a DVD, and there are two (three?) expansion packs which are sold separately, except there is another DVD edition that I saw which included the latest, Kingdom of the Sky?

So, which should a new player get?

I hear the game is grittier than WoW, which might just hit the spot.

Re: Everquest Question

Conventional wisdom is that you'll find that taking up, oh, say methamphetamines will have less of a negative impact on your life than taking up EQ.
    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Disclaimer: perspective from a disgruntled [former] SOE customer and MMORPG 'purist'

EQ in its heyday was challenging, immersive, and fun. Unfortunately once SOE took over Verant the game quickly went downhill. They basically took out all of the challenging aspects and engagin aspects other than high-level raids.

I've played EQ2 for a little while as well (reached the then-max lvl 50 in both adventuring and tradeskills). It's basically a dumbed-down version of the already dumbed-down EQ1. Additionally the game mechanics are frustratingly intrusive and annoying.

From what I've heard of WoW, it follows this same trend catering to the masses. IMO I'd skip this current generation of MMORPGs and wait for Vanguard or play EVE ;)

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
        Disclaimer: perspective from a disgruntled [former] SOE customer and MMORPG 'purist'

EQ in its heyday was challenging, immersive, and fun. Unfortunately once SOE took over Verant the game quickly went downhill. They basically took out all of the challenging aspects and engagin aspects other than high-level raids.

I've played EQ2 for a little while as well (reached the then-max lvl 50 in both adventuring and tradeskills). It's basically a dumbed-down version of the already dumbed-down EQ1. Additionally the game mechanics are frustratingly intrusive and annoying.

From what I've heard of WoW, it follows this same trend catering to the masses. IMO I'd skip this current generation of MMORPGs and wait for Vanguard or play EVE ;)
        Thanks for the update.

Funny, I found myself looking at the EVE website after playing the X3 Reunion demo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X