Oblivion - Vampirism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion - Vampirism

So I thought I would share this in case someone else ran into the same frustration.

First off I will say, when it comes to RPG's I play VERY slow. What attracted me to Oblivion was the promise of an open environment in which I could do whatever I wanted and not have to follow the main quest. Well apparently that is true to some extent, but not when it comes to Vampirism.

Very early on in the game (following the main quest) you will venture into a dungeon of vampires. You will get bitten and contract a disease. If you ignore this disease and don't do anything about it you will become a vampire. Sounds very cool at first as you get many stat buffs, and who hasn't wanted to play a vampire? Well the downside to being a vampire is you can't go out during the day. Again you say "very cool". But wait, how then can you talk to anyone? Since shop owners actually close up shop and go to sleep, you are left with leading a life of crime.

During your transition it is possible to be out during daylight hours, but once you become a full vampire, you have about 30 seconds (with heals) before you become ash. There is a quest that gets you a cure, but if you do as I did and just run around finding dungeons, you will never find out how to get this quest.

So, now that I am a full vampire I am basically dead, or at least forced to play a certain way. I found a cheat which gives you the cure to vampirism and I share it here in case anyone else has run into this problem. Oh, and from reading the Bethesda forums, it sounds like there is a bug with the quest that gives you this item. Regardless, I can't do the quest now.

Code:
    1) Press ~ on your keyboard to bring down the console.

2) To add the item to your inventory, type the following:

player.additem 000977E4 #

Change "#" to the number of items you want. For example to add 100 of these items do:

player.additem 000977E4 100
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Re: Oblivion - Vampirism

Ok, I just got the strategy guide and found out all you have to do is feed and the sun will not affect you. So the longer you go without feeding, on a human victim, the more you are affected by the sun. So sounds like I'll be hunting me some beggars this evening.

I'm still miffed that I didn't find out about this in the game itself. I just assumed Vampire + Sun = Bad all the time. In Oblivion it appears after you feed you are less of a Vampire. Interesting.
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Comment

Bah

What staff buffs?

I hate vampirism, I might actually use this cheat...

Comment

+5 to Str, Willpower, Speed.

+5 to Acrobatics, Athletics, Destruction, Hand to Hand, Illusion, Mysticism, and Sneak.

Resistance to Disease and Paralysis.

Small reistance to normal weapons.

Every day without feeding skills & attributes boosted by 5 as well as increase resistance to normal weapons.

Of course the flip side is after going several days without feeding no one will talk to you and you wont last long in daylight. I find myslef feeding every day except when I know I'm heading into a dungeon.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

I was turned into a vampire and i started the quest for the cure. I'm just about finished with the quest but I find myself enjoying being a vampire, it's super powers and all you gotta do is feed once every night. I just go to the guilds and feed on the sleeping mates. lol.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
            I was turned into a vampire and i started the quest for the cure. I'm just about finished with the quest but I find myself enjoying being a vampire, it's super powers and all you gotta do is feed once every night. I just go to the guilds and feed on the sleeping mates. lol.
            You might know this, but for clarification, you don't get all the benefits of being a vampire if you feed every night. The longer you go, the more spells you get and bigger stats boost. Of course you then have to avoid that blasted yellow star. And yeah, for everyones info, the people you feed on do not turn into vampires themselves or die. You can feed on the same person every night :madsmile:

I haven't tried this, but if you pick up garlic as a vampire, does anything happen to you?

<runs off to try>
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

well i cured my vampirism today, and i do miss the hefty stats but it was getting annoying. I can also go fight a vampire again and get it. :P

- -

Comment

My next run through will be as a vampire the whole way just to try it.

Comment

I really hated the regular vampirism in-game, so I've a vampirism mod that basically allows you to switch vampirism on or off. If it's off you don't take sun damage, but you don't get any stat boosts either (though you still have a big weakness to fire). If you have it on then you go into "full vampire mode" were you get all the stat boosts, powers, and a whole heck of a lot of sun damage. Regardless of which state you are in you must feed every few days (it's like two or three I think) or you get a -20 stat penalty on most of your attirbutes until you feed. If anyone is interested I post a link, but I don't feel like looking for it again right now. (Unfortuanltey it only works on 'new' vampires. So if you were already a vampire before installing the mod, you'd have to be cured and then infected again to become a 'modded' vampire)
                  AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

There's a nice mod out there for Reverse Vampires, which reverses the blood drinking effects so you end up stronger after you drink. I have it loaded, but haven't tried it yet (14 levels of side quests -- who cares if the world falls around me!). But in the end, it's more like the Anne Rice kind of vamp which sounds much cooler to me. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                      14 levels of side quests -- who cares if the world falls around me!
                      Yay for procrastination! That's kinda funny. I'm right at level 14 right now too, but I have done just the beggining of the main quest. (Just closing a certain something, and getting a certain someone to a certain place) I've closed one additional Oblivion gate, but I had a pretty hard time, so I decided to go do some side quests first before continuing (though that will make little difference with the leveling system).
                      AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by millipede777
                        Yay for procrastination! That's kinda funny. I'm right at level 14 right now too, but I have done just the beggining of the main quest. (Just closing a certain something, and getting a certain someone to a certain place) I've closed one additional Oblivion gate, but I had a pretty hard time, so I decided to go do some side quests first before continuing (though that will make little difference with the leveling system).
                        Actually it does help because you can get better equipment and skills to give you the edge.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X