Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion IV - Sound Stuttering

Hi All-

I just purchased the new Oblivion on PC/DVD and it's going great though I do have a music stuttering issue. When I open the game on my desktop the music stutters and when I encounter an enemy, the music that lets me know when an emeny is close suddenly stutters out. It drops below where it is barely audible.

I checked my speakers, etc and I have not encountered this problem with any of my other games.

-Any suggestions?

-Thanks!

-TFKD
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Oblivion IV - Sound Stuttering

Without knowing anything about your system, it's tough to solve this. My suggestions would be to do the following, in this order, and try not to go onto the next step before you do the one before it and see if that works:

Close any background programs you're running. Update your audio drivers. Check to see if your hard drive lights up when music stutters; if it does, defragment. Go to the Oblivion forums where they know what they're talking about. Reinstall the game. Buy a sound card.

Comment

There is a switch in the INI which varies. It's either bAllowSoftwareAudio=0/1 or bAllowHardwareAudio=0/1. may wanna try disabling hardware and enabling software, or vice versa.

- -

Comment

I have some sound problems in Oblivion as well, but not with the music. It usually only happens when I'm doing the same action repeatedly, like casting a spell. It will play the sound the first time, but not again untill I stop and wait a few seconds before casting a spell again. I have no idea how to fix it, and I don't really care since it really only eliminates sounds that get annoying anyways. So really, it's less of a problem and more of a bonus.
        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Yeah I've got that problem too. It's actually kind of annoying as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X