Looking for some RPGs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some RPGs

I've been playing Oblivion lately, and it's made me realise that I've been missing out on a lot in the RPG genre. I plan to play Morrowind and check out some mods for that soon, but do you guys have any recommendations? (I tend to dislike anything with a heavy grinding element.) What do you think of the Fallout series? - I've been hearing good things about them.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Looking for some RPGs

If i had to sit down and thing about what games I had the most fun playing it would be the Battlefield series and Fallout. Man fallout is one of my favorite series ever. Way back in the day there was a game called Wasteland on the Commodore 64 that was so much fun. Fallout took their idea and ran with it on the PC platform. I highly recommend it, plus they're all dirt cheap now probably. My stupid ass tends to throw out games after a long period of non-use. I've often thought about going out and buying the Fallout series again.

Comment

Neverwinter Nights is another great RPG and it's online. NWN2 will be out this fall i suspect.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
        Neverwinter Nights is another great RPG and it's online. NWN2 will be out this fall i suspect.
        Yeah, I'd second this. I have the Platinum Edition, which has the original game and the two expansions as well as a cartload of community generated material. The new diamond pack has all that and the 3 official modules.

The key is the community, though. The original campaign is a little weak: the community "hackpacks" are much more interesting.

Comment

Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic 2, and Fallout 2 are all great choices.

Comment

Definately Neverwinter Nights. I had a lot of fun playing the original, and now they have at least a few expansions. It's probably not as deep as Oblivion, but... I think that's the top in it's genre right now :p (Damn not having the time/capacity to play it!!!!!!)

Comment

My vote goes to Guild Wars, level cap = 20, no grinding required, a few us here are trying to get a guild started, just need more people and more SMs

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
              [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
              [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Yeah I agree with KoTR series and I am currently playing Neverwinter just started it yesterday and it's fun and based in Forgotten Realms which I like a lot. Doesn't seem to grindy with a pretty good story so far.
                sigpic

Comment

I never liked NWN very much for some reason, played it through and it just left me blah. Guess I should have tried some mods.

KOTOR I still need to play through and finish - I got bored with it for some reason.

I just bought Morrowind and Gothic II to try out after my Oblivion obsession dies down. I hear nothing but good things about Gothic II. Although, Gothic III should be out be the time I finally put down Oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Originally posted by Vulcan
                    ...Neverwinter Nights is another great RPG and it's online. NWN2 will be out this fall i suspect...
                    ...Yeah, I'd second this. I have the Platinum Edition, which has the original game and the two expansions as well as a cartload of community generated material. The new diamond pack has all that and the 3 official modules.

The key is the community, though. The original campaign is a little weak: the community "hackpacks" are much more interesting.
                    Third this...I've had lot's of fun with NWN. Although I'm not sure about the "community hackpacks" as I haven't checked these out. Any links for these, sounds like I'm missing something... ;)

Cheers.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                    if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

I say, play some Gothic II it has some lower grade graphics but I think it came out in 02 or something, but it has fun gameplay elements to it, similar to morrowind in some ways.

KoTR series both were great, part 1 was better.

Ragnarok
                      and rose are fun as well.

Comment

Originally posted by eGoatBoy
                        Third this...I've had lot's of fun with NWN. Although I'm not sure about the "community hackpacks" as I haven't checked these out. Any links for these, sounds like I'm missing something... ;)

Cheers.
                        TG had a NWN server on the community server once upon a time running some of the mods. Think it eventually died out because people moved on, but it sems to me that if we got enough interest in one or more of the hackpack mods we could probably get it going again.

Kotor1, Baldur's Gate 2, NWN...basically anything made by Bioware for PC RPG's. Honestly.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                          TG had a NWN server on the community server once upon a time running some of the mods. Think it eventually died out because people moved on, but it sems to me that if we got enough interest in one or more of the hackpack mods we could probably get it going again.

Kotor1, Baldur's Gate 2, NWN...basically anything made by Bioware for PC RPG's. Honestly.
                          Hey Spyder...thanks for the info. Too bad I missed the NWN era here at TG.

I'm starting to get interested in DDO. Not sure when I'd find the time though...

Cheers.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                          if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

I would highly recommend the Gothic series. I myself am on the lookout for part 1, but am playing through Gothic 2 for the third time. It's like the original morrowind, but better. It has a strong narrative, deeper characters, AI routine, a world to explore, a very open ended combat and quest system, and at least a good 40 hours of high quality gameplay. It's also exceedingly difficult, especially if you haven't played it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                              I would highly recommend the Gothic series. I myself am on the lookout for part 1, but am playing through Gothic 2 for the third time. It's like the original morrowind, but better. It has a strong narrative, deeper characters, AI routine, a world to explore, a very open ended combat and quest system, and at least a good 40 hours of high quality gameplay. It's also exceedingly difficult, especially if you haven't played it before.
                              My brother loves that game, i need to get him oblivion so he can have more fun. Hes beat that gothic 3-4 times, hes getting sick of it
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...