X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Quest

Titan Quest demo coming out tomorrow.

Titan Quest Demo Wednesday [May 08, 2006, 8:03 pm ET] - 12 Comments
    3D Gamers and FilePlanet announce they will be premiering the demo for Titan Quest on May 10. The only specific about the upcoming sample of Iron Lore's action/RPG is to expect it Wednesday morning.
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Re: Titan Quest

http://titanquestgame.com/index.html

looking at the screen shots and video it looks like a better looking Diablo 2. I will definatly be downloading the demo and getting some feedback for this game in the next few days...

great find bane
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Me and my girl loved playing Diablo. Unfortunately, Diablo 2 didnt seem as good as the first one to us. I'm hoping Titan Quest will fill that void left from Diablo. drooooool
      -33rd- BaneII
      Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I find it to be a lot like Diablo II... but this coming from a hardcore Diablo II devote back in the day :P Played the demo, it seems alright but I don't know if I'll get it. I'll wait for reviews and see what the community has to say.
        -

Comment

I have following the development of Titan Quest for quite some time and I picked up the demo at E3 (they had a cool booth at THQ - I was able to speak with some the creators as well and sat in on a demo at the Nvivida booth. They also had the complete game running). And boy it did not disappoint!

Wow! I'm definitely picking up Titan Quest. I'm having a blast with the demo and can't wait for the full game. Hoping we can get some TG'er's together for some multiplayer. And the editor sounds really cool.

Graphics (have not seen as beautiful game as this in quite some time - the detail is great), very easy to get into and highly intuitive, great use of mythology - monsters, characters, landscape, buildings. Quests and side quests keep the game moving and there seems to be alot to explore. I never played the Diablo series (heard it's a great game) but played alot of Ultima and Wizardy and other RPG's so I'm looking forward to playing alot of Titan Quest.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I played Diablo 2 for a long time. Does Titan Quest have the character developement like Diablo 2? That's what I liked about D2 you cold make 2 barbarians and they could play completely different.
            sigpic

Comment

Would it be poosible for someone to add this Demo to the Download section. This will take forever to DL if you don't have a subscription to Fileplanet
              sigpic

Comment

Soooo...Opinions, comments. Is it looking good?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
                  Soooo...Opinions, comments. Is it looking good?

Well I played the demo and finished it in about an hour and a half. It looks beautiful, the land is very detailed. When you kill someone in the grass areas you see the grass move as they fall which I thought was pretty cool. It is very similar to Diablo 2 but it seems to be lacking something. The equipment is frustrating because there is so much stuff you come across and you are constantly dropping stuff to pick up stuff. I like the way you can compare items. When you pick up an item lets say a sword it brings up two bubbles showing you what you already have equipped and all it's specs with what you just picked up so it makes it easier to decide if your going to keep what you have or replace it with what you just picked up.

There are main quests and side quests but it's seems to be all hack and slash. You can customize your character which I like but I didn't like the skills upgrades. It seemed a bit confusing to me. Well that's just a little break down from my perspective. It's much better looking than Diablo2 but I don't think the game play is or will be much better.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                    Well I played the demo and finished it in about an hour and a half. It looks beautiful, the land is very detailed. When you kill someone in the grass areas you see the grass move as they fall which I thought was pretty cool. It is very similar to Diablo 2 but it seems to be lacking something. The equipment is frustrating because there is so much stuff you come across and you are constantly dropping stuff to pick up stuff. I like the way you can compare items. When you pick up an item lets say a sword it brings up two bubbles showing you what you already have equipped and all it's specs with what you just picked up so it makes it easier to decide if your going to keep what you have or replace it with what you just picked up.

There are main quests and side quests but it's seems to be all hack and slash. You can customize your character which I like but I didn't like the skills upgrades. It seemed a bit confusing to me. Well that's just a little break down from my perspective. It's much better looking than Diablo2 but I don't think the game play is or will be much better.
                    I never played the Diablo series so I can't make a comparsion of the two games. Diablo seems to be the standard for everyone as it was such a great game from what I've read. However, I found the equipment system in the demo to be very easy and logical. Instead of loading your character with every weapon one finds, choices have to be made based on space and what may be needed for the next encounter.

The combat system seems to be varied, in my opinion, (isn't hack and slash the combat system of all RPG's?) long and short range attacks can be chosen depending on what monster you have encountered. It's easy to switch weapons in fight and plenty of choices of weapons (I believe hundreds) to chose from.

I found the skill upgrades extremely easy, using the acquired skills and assigning those to your characters, strength, intelligence, etc. There was an explantaion for the skill sets and how they apply to your character everytime I had to make a decision of applicatio. The game starts out very easily, no character development, just choose a character name, male or female and the color of your tunic and that's it! Your playing immediately, I never had to look for a manual.

I would agree with you that the game is beautiful to look at and they really did there homework on the characters, monsters and settings of the ancient world. I really felt like I was in ancient Greece.

-TFKD
                    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                    - Check me out on The Onion
                    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath
                      I never played the Diablo series so I can't make a comparsion of the two games. Diablo seems to be the standard for everyone as it was such a great game from what I've read. However, I found the equipment system in the demo to be very easy and logical. Instead of loading your character with every weapon one finds, choices have to be made based on space and what may be needed for the next encounter.

The combat system seems to be varied, in my opinion, (isn't hack and slash the combat system of all RPG's?) long and short range attacks can be chosen depending on what monster you have encountered. It's easy to switch weapons in fight and plenty of choices of weapons (I believe hundreds) to chose from.

I found the skill upgrades extremely easy, using the acquired skills and assigning those to your characters, strength, intelligence, etc. There was an explantaion for the skill sets and how they apply to your character everytime I had to make a decision of applicatio. The game starts out very easily, no character development, just choose a character name, male or female and the color of your tunic and that's it! Your playing immediately, I never had to look for a manual.

I would agree with you that the game is beautiful to look at and they really did there homework on the characters, monsters and settings of the ancient world. I really felt like I was in ancient Greece.

-TFKD

I agree with you when it comes to the weapons switching they did make that very easy and it was nice to be able to engage a monster at range for a shot or two then quickly change to hand to hand melee. The problem with the equipment is you find something you can't quite use yet so you store it waiting to level then you find some decent items that you would like to sell for gold. It doesn't take long before you are throwing stuff out to make room to just look at stuff to compare so you are constantly dropping stuff and then picking stuff up every time you get into a multiple monster fight. The character creation was nice also but it would have been nice to have classes to start with instead of just a generic character.

When it came o the skills what I had an issue with is which skills you could drop into you quick set buttons. Some you could and some you couldn't. I might give it another go round with the demo it was lat so I might have just been tired and not thinking.

Edit: something else I didn't like, it is hard to see the equipment when it is lying on the ground. In Diablo2 you could just press the ALT key and it would show you everything that was laying on the ground which made it easier to decipher if you wanted to use the time to pick theitem up. In this game you have to use you pointer to highlight everything to make sure you haven't missed any magic items or better quality stuff than what you have.
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree with you when it comes to the weapons switching they did make that very easy and it was nice to be able to engage a monster at range for a shot or two then quickly change to hand to hand melee. The problem with the equipment is you find something you can't quite use yet so you store it waiting to level then you find some decent items that you would like to sell for gold. It doesn't take long before you are throwing stuff out to make room to just look at stuff to compare so you are constantly dropping stuff and then picking stuff up every time you get into a multiple monster fight. The character creation was nice also but it would have been nice to have classes to start with instead of just a generic character.

When it came o the skills what I had an issue with is which skills you could drop into you quick set buttons. Some you could and some you couldn't. I might give it another go round with the demo it was lat so I might have just been tired and not thinking.

Edit: something else I didn't like, it is hard to see the equipment when it is lying on the ground. In Diablo2 you could just press the ALT key and it would show you everything that was laying on the ground which made it easier to decipher if you wanted to use the time to pick theitem up. In this game you have to use you pointer to highlight everything to make sure you haven't missed any magic items or better quality stuff than what you have.

Ya know it is pretty sad when you have to contradict your own post :/ I have completed the demo once again and here are a few more details:

First: Don't play and review a demo when you start it at 1230 in the morning not a good idea.
                        Second: Don't pay any attention to that Drizzid dude he's not the smartest fellar on the world. Not the sharpest sword in the armory :)
                        Third: The game is better after you get used to playing it and how the interface works. I tried to use my Diablo2 experience which does translate into this game and makes for better character developement. You basically don't know what class you will be until you level the first time and pick a "sphere" to start to practice. Once you have done this then your character starts to develope.
                        Fourth: Very cool monsters! and the game continues to impress graphically very nice indeed.
                        Fifth: I think the multiplayer will be very cool and fun especially with TG'ers
                        sixth: Didn't have as much of an issue with the equipment but it will eventually become an issue if you are playing by yourself but in multiplayer I think it won't be to much of an issue.
                        Seventh: Not real fond of the camera. It's always stationary and I don't like that very much. There are times you wish you could change the camera to better see what it up ahead. The camera stays put no matter which direction you move in. It takes some getting used to.

Well I think that's about it for me and will look forward to seeing if any TG'ers will be getting this. I think the multiplayer will be a hoot to play.
                        sigpic

Comment

The ALT key in this game works the same way. Press it to see all the items on the ground. Very useful when searching for those treasure piles and chests. Only the broken items on the ground wont show up this way, but you can still pick them up if you have your cursor over them.
                          -33rd- BaneII
                          Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Great looking game. The environment reacts to your movements. The animations and sounds are very good. Nothing like hearing the solid thump when you hit a creature and see it flying back dead from the force of your blow. Very nice.

The best thing I like is the skills system. No more limitation of set classes, which makes differences between players small. Now you pick two skill sets (one at 1st, second at 8th) from eight and choose skills from them. Want to sling spells and be a melee master? You can now. I like playing mage classes but they always have to stay away from close combat. This game changes the dynamics.

The game is pretty linear and pure hack and slash. So if you are looking for something deep, this aint it. But if you enjoy dishing out pure carnage in a fantasy setting, this is a good canidate.

Also, people are commenting about the inventory system. One, later in the game you pickup bags to enlarge your inventory. Two, you have unlimited teleport back into town. So it's no big deal if you get full of items. Just teleport back and sell them.
                            -33rd- BaneII
                            Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...