Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Sign-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Sign-up

Bisclaveret and myself are looking for players to participate in an online campaign of good old-fashioned D&D. Extensive experience is not required, but a copy of the Players Handbook as well as a basic understanding of the rules are.

This type of thing has been attempted at least once before here, but we are giving it another try. If you have any interest in participating in this, please post here.

We will be using online programs designed for exactly this type of play, and possibly TS as well.

Our first meet is currently scheduled for Monday, June 5th. Even if you cant make this, please post.

Include in your post:

Availability
    Experience as player or DM
    Books owned
    Any other thoughts or concerns
    veh-JEET
    No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Sign-up

There is a D&D forum, this thread probably would get noticed more in that forum.

Comment

Which edition are you referring to? 2nd or 3rd?
      sigpic

Comment

This is not a D&D Online campaign, this is pen and paper D&D. I will make a link in the DDO forum anyway

We will be using 3.5 rules, or 3.0 if neccessary
        veh-JEET

Comment

Hmm.

I have PDFs of most of the books, but no dice-I can use the dice roll generators though. I have no characters left, since I threw them all out years ago.

I suck as GM, because I can't resist going "oh, you guys are so $$$$ed!"

Still, I can roll a character and hop on TS some night if you want to get this off the ground.

Comment

To prevent tempations to forge rolls, I think we will use the point value system to determine abilities. And for starting equipment, use the average listed in paretheses. I think these are the only things you would normally roll on.

Also, we will be using TS in addition to an online grid/map/dice roller program
            veh-JEET

Comment

What time June 5th? I'd like to drop in and take a look. I'm available most evenings, that's my relax time. Can roll up (or point distribute) a character as needed. Have a 3.5 edition players handbook, but no expansion/subclass books. Played for more years than I care to count (OK, probably 10 or so years on/off. More off than on lately.) Spent most of that time as the DM and had some extensive campaigns that my friends seemed to enjoy. Would enjoy playing, though, as being DM takes a whole lot of work that I'm not sure I can devote to it and still have it be enjoyable for everyone.

As far as thoughts and concerns, only a couple. I've DM'd and played in a few evil oriented campaigns, which was OK to a point, but isn't my deal. Having some of the folks looking out for only themselves is OK, but a whole group of them just doesn't work out and tends to make for bad blood. How often would you try and get everyone together? What happens if someone doesn't show up? (Do we leave them, or bring them along as an NPC?) Will the DM be making their own campaign or will he run modules? Is there a particular setting it will be in? (Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Dark Sun, FR?) If it's a DM made campaign, will it be story oriented or just a personal advancement my character rocks kind of campaign?

I could go on and on, but I'll just drop into TS on the 5th and check it all out then. I would enjoy playing again.

Graeyg

Comment

I was thinking 7pm EST for our first meet, but I am flexible

I too am somewhat against evil characters. I usually only outlaw them if the only reason is so they can kill people whenever they feel like it.

Ideally, we want a weekly time for meets, but I am a bit too busy this summer for that. So, we will probably plan the next meet at the end of each meet. No-shows will be left out of the adventuring.

If I am the DM, I will be using Greyhawk setting with a mix of custom and pre-made adventures. I will try to keep it story-oriented with a balance of combat and roleplaying/decision-making. (munchkinism is my bane)

Thanks for posting, and stay tuned for updates
                veh-JEET

Comment

People should know that evil aligned characters does not equal "only there for backstabbing other PCs/NPCs/innocent townspeople" (unless they are chaotic evil, but even then, it's not unless you're some insane guy). it's more a concerted effort of selfishness, looking out for number one, having ulterior motives, concerted oppression, etc. That being said, yeah, i would ban anyone who goes evil just to slit partymembers throats in the night and take thier stuff.. That being said, thers always the Lawful Stupid paladins that ignore any and all danger to fight for what they think is truth, justice, and the godly way, up to and including dragging the party by the nose into a black dragon den while half-naked ;)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                  <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                  DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Re: Dungeons &amp; Dragons Campaign Sign-up

Vegeet,

Excellent. I'll plan on being around at 7 on June 5th. I'll try and get the character made up before hand, or at least the basics and character concept.

Bisclaveret, I agree that evil doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is out to stab you in back and take your stuff. Actually when I think of evil I think of the looking out for number one aspect. I like to play characters (and with characters) that I can count on not to bugger off when the going gets tough. It's fun at times, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the Heroic campaign to the Villianous (sp?) one. I'm not saying that I won't play with an evil character, just that I won't play one myself. It could make for some fun inter party conflicts, the same as the Paladin does in just about any party they're in.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and I'll see everyone on the 5th. I'm looking forward to it.

Graeyg

Comment

Okay, here's how it looks so far:

DM: TheVegeet

Players:

Bisclaveret
                      Graeyg
                      Mateo

That means we still have one slot open. If I missed your name, let me know.

Please hop on TS at 7pm EST on Monday June 5th, with the following:

Character, using point value system, on excel sheet: http://www.triaxe.co.uk/dnd/index.ph...er%20Resources
                      Online D&D program (2.33 MB): http://www.triaxe.co.uk/dnd/index.ph...=Online%20Chat
                      Books accessible

If you have any questions, just post here or PM me

Also, could someone look into getting us a TS channel? Otherwise we will have to squat in on a game channel.
                      veh-JEET

Comment

Not sure how to get a TS channel, but if we need to we can use a room in the DDO channel. There's not so many folks on that we fill all the rooms all the time, and no one will mind, I'm sure.

Graeyg

Comment

I would love to jump in that last spot please!
                          I got home about 6:45pm EST (i have work then school) But I would love to give this a try.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Graeyg
                            Not sure how to get a TS channel, but if we need to we can use a room in the DDO channel. There's not so many folks on that we fill all the rooms all the time, and no one will mind, I'm sure.

Graeyg
                            Any [R] Registered user in TeamSpeak (Supporting Members) can create the channel on the fly.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Alright then, we have our 4 players. Anyone still interested, please post, as we may accept more players at a later time.
                              veh-JEET

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...