Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Sign-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Sign-up

Vegeet, you know my info from the PMs but i'l post it here anyway. hehe.

I haven't done anything of this sort for at least 10 years, so i've pretty muich forgotten everything (plus it being a different version), although my experience in another online campaign has lead to at least a little bit of learning, if a bit different. (what? a hit? wheres the THACO?) I can try to help players set up new characters if they need it though, and can suggest some character generation scripts/programs/websites and help them with that.

i have no more physical books, but i have *cough*collected several pdf versions:
    PHB
    DMG I and II
    Eberron Campaign Setting
    Races of Eberron
    Complete Divine
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Adventurer
    Libris Mortis: Book of the Undead
    Monster Manuals I-III
    Book of Exalted Deeds
    And i wouoldn't be above sharing some of them with new players (consequently, i'm sure most of you know where to get them :/)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Re: Dungeons &amp; Dragons Campaign Sign-up

Everyone,
      I must apologize as I will be unable to make it this evening. I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom and had hoped it would have been completed by today. As with all projects, though, it has run over it's alotted timeframe. I am unable to shower to until it is completed and I'm starting to stink a bit...
      Again, I apologize for not being able to make it. Hope you get the campaign off the ground and have a great time tonight.

Good Luck,

Graeyg

Comment

Unfortunately, our first meet has been postponed because two people couldn't make it, and others were also busy at the time. The new date will be Wednesday, June 7th, at 7:15 PM EST.

Please come with your characters completed, and hop on TS early if you have any questions. Also, post if you cannot attend this meet.
        veh-JEET
        No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Comment

Vegeet - Will not be able to make it Wednesday, either. Will be grouting the shower walls after work. From the looks of it, I won't be able to make a game night until Monday. I apologize again to everyone, but getting my bathroom back to together is a must do. I hope you can get the three players Wednesday, though, and get the campaign started.

Graeyg

Comment

Thats okay, Graeyg. This is a busy week for me too. We will probably keep the meet short. Here's what i have in mind:

-set up TS channel (if possible)
            -create characters (if neccessary)
            -email characters in excel sheet to me for approval (see previous post for link)
            -set up D&D chat program (see previous post for link)
            -short adventure (possibly)
            veh-JEET

Comment

If you are still harboring openings (or perhaps at a later date) I would be interested.
              I have in my personal collection the PHB, DMG, MM, MMII, forgotten realms, enemies and allies, as well as a couple of d20 MM's from other sources. 3.0, not 3.5 tho.
              I would also be willing to play on a fill-in basis if you have issues getting everybody together for every adventure (I can think of atleast one suitable backstory that would work in such an instance, and could be discussed over PM's etc.)
              limited experience DM'ing (used to run a small group of friends back in HS, but we mostly just screwed around alot ;D) Haven't actually sat down and played since well before that, and most of my "recent" experience was in text-based. (IRC ftw)
              Currently unemployed, so availability is a non-issue at this point, fully intend to be regularily employed over the summer at some point.

And my take on the Alignment argument: Make your character, work out his backstory and figure out how you'd want to play him. Stick him in a couple classic situtions and figure out how he'd act. Based on that info, choose the alignment that fits closest. Therefor allowing yourself to play your alignment. Most "Stab PC's in the back" tend to use the argument "But I'm chatotic evil!" Which is really just the alignment playing their character instead of the character playing the alignment. It also helps to not think of alignments as black or white, which is sort of how they're portrayed. Of course, that may make no sense at all, but hey ;) I actualy prefer to play "evil" characters, because I have a very dark and dry sense of humor, and it tends to fit much better. It also opens all sorts of interesting character interaction that you wouldn't normally get with a wholly "good" party. RP XP! ;)
              Last edited by Spyder; 06-12-2006, 06:14 AM.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Alright, sorry i hav'nt posted in a while, I've been busy with RL stuff.

So both of our first two meetings have been flops. Is that enough reason to give up? It was last time I tried this. But I'm willing to give it another shot. When do you guys want the next meet to be? Hopefully we can get a day that everyone can definately attend, not just probably.

Thanks for posting Spyder. Consider youself in, as we have had very poor attendance to our first meets.
                veh-JEET

Comment

As previously mentioned, currently unemployed, so I can make any date any time pretty much so long as I have enough advance notice. Pm's would be the ideal method.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

So, we did we kill this due to underwhelming response or what?

Comment

This is exacly what happened last time. I don't want to do this if I have to drag everyone else through it.
                      veh-JEET

Comment

Everyone,

I will definitely have to be counted out. I have been incredibly busy these past several weeks with my own remodeling and helping out friends and family with their projects. It doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon, so I will have to bow out permanently, I fear. Just wanted to let everyone know so that you can fill the slot I would have been in. With my work load, it's not fair to the rest of the group to say I'll be there at a certain time and then have RL continually disrupt my plans and leaving the group in a lurch.

Good Luck & Good Hunting!

Graeyg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X