Dark Mesiah of Might and Magic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Mesiah of Might and Magic

Anyone try this demo? It was released via Steam the other day so I figured I'd download it and check it out.

It's not bad, and they make great use out of Source's physics engine. Other than that, I feel more inclined to call this one Oblivion 2.

Well, 1 1/2. Check it out.

Re: Dark Mesiah of Might and Magic

This one is on my buy list. I've had loads of fun playing the demo and the game really offers a great combination of FPS and RPS rolled into one. The multiplayer looks to add some fresh play with swords and bows.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I've played the demo and have the following to say:

The game is really really unbalanced, espcially at the lower and higher levels.

Warriors will pretty much kill anything (except another warrior) they come across at level 1. Nothing else has much of a chance unless the warrior runs straight at an archer or mage.

Priests are helpless at lower levels. With out a bramble patch at level 2, you can expect to die often and not kill much. Healing priests have it even harder since they don't get as much exp from combat.

Havn't played mages, but fighting against them... some of their spells are just nuts, especially those who focus on fireball.

Assassin's are lethal against the weaker classes but I found them pretty balanced actually.They don't take much damage, their cloak isn't too hard to see, and attacking breaks them out of it. They don't always get their one hit kill if they don't strike just right. And it doesn't always seem to work against warriors of stronger armors.

Archers, I havn't played or played against them much, but the few that use the poison arrow just break everything. Even a healing priest has a hard time keeping the poison off of them.

However, because of the horrible in balances, team play is a very important feature. Having a group of warriors backed up by a healing priest (who stays OUT OF COMBAT) can help you steam roll a map. Mages backed up by assassins waiting for warriors and other classes to dash by can be a great teamplay tactic if the assassins know how to react fast enough (and use their disguise skill well). Generally, teamplay tactics can seriously help you in this game, and the maps are designed for that.

I could see a Dark Messiah TG server honestly. The game is fun aside the poor balancing, and the skill sets are designed to help each other out (like the warrior's shielding upgrade that let's him defend allies, or the ressurection power of the priest). Gameplay is more fun with more people.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
        I've played the demo and have the following to say:

The game is really really unbalanced, espcially at the lower and higher levels.

Warriors will pretty much kill anything (except another warrior) they come across at level 1. Nothing else has much of a chance unless the warrior runs straight at an archer or mage.

Priests are helpless at lower levels. With out a bramble patch at level 2, you can expect to die often and not kill much. Healing priests have it even harder since they don't get as much exp from combat.

Havn't played mages, but fighting against them... some of their spells are just nuts, especially those who focus on fireball.

Assassin's are lethal against the weaker classes but I found them pretty balanced actually.They don't take much damage, their cloak isn't too hard to see, and attacking breaks them out of it. They don't always get their one hit kill if they don't strike just right. And it doesn't always seem to work against warriors of stronger armors.

Archers, I havn't played or played against them much, but the few that use the poison arrow just break everything. Even a healing priest has a hard time keeping the poison off of them.

However, because of the horrible in balances, team play is a very important feature. Having a group of warriors backed up by a healing priest (who stays OUT OF COMBAT) can help you steam roll a map. Mages backed up by assassins waiting for warriors and other classes to dash by can be a great teamplay tactic if the assassins know how to react fast enough (and use their disguise skill well). Generally, teamplay tactics can seriously help you in this game, and the maps are designed for that.

I could see a Dark Messiah TG server honestly. The game is fun aside the poor balancing, and the skill sets are designed to help each other out (like the warrior's shielding upgrade that let's him defend allies, or the ressurection power of the priest). Gameplay is more fun with more people.
        Did you play the beta or the demo?
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
          Did you play the beta or the demo?
          The uh... beta demo? The Multiplayer open beta.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Anybody buy this game yet? I bought this game and think its an awesome game. I haven't played enough to give a thorough review or even comment on balancing issues. All I can say so far is that it is fun and the graphics and sound are impressive at high settings. I've only passed a few beginning missions. If I had to compare it to Oblivion I would say that this game is linear and not as vast or open like Oblivion, although that may change at the highier level missions. The thing that didn't impress me as much with Oblivion or Morrowwind was the combat system, it felt clunky and delayed. With Dark Mesiah the combat is smooth and using the environment is key to some of the bigger brawls.

One question that I have is what's up with Steam? I've been downloading something for the last hour that is "supposed" to for this game. Anyone know what's up with that? and/or should I start cancelling my credit cards and changing my account passwords?

Comment

I received my copy yesterday and have only spent about half an hour on it so far. I must say i am very impressed. Visually it looks fantastic, the game play & combat system is also very impressive. I have been waiting for a decent game to be released now for a while & after my disappointment with Gothic 3 i am now a happy chappy again.
              [defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X