Think NWN2 will be big here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think NWN2 will be big here?

I'm not much of a role player type gamer, (thou my first PC games ever were role playing, what got me into PC gaming back in 1980's,lol) but played and like NWN1, and thinking about NWN2...anyone think there might be a active interest in the MP, true D&D experience here at TG?

Also, while I'm here... I'm thinking about the new morrowwind follow up, Oblivion or something like that... but can't decide between the PC version or the Xbox 360 version... any recommendations? (probably should do either, not enough time for all that gaming, lol.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Think NWN2 will be big here?

Oblivion definately get for the PC. you can install quite a few mods out there and they keep the game interesting. As a vanilla game though it gets boring quick.

On NWN 2 i really love the story line of the NWN series and enjoyed the amount of detail they put into the first one. I'll most likely get it.

- -

Comment

I'll be getting NWN2. Never played NWN1 in multiplayer, but I still loved the game. Will have to see how the multiplayer goes, but no doubt will be a blast.

Get Oblivion for the PC, there are a hundreds, if not thousands of mods out and more coming that change the games look or play. PC version is far superior to the 360 version... and your rig will easily handle pretty graphics (hell, mine can!)
      -

Comment

We had NWN running on a server at TG for the longest while. Basically just fired up a quality custom module and went at it. I'd assume that given enough interest from the players (read: Somebody willing and able from the core admin group to con Apo into letting them admin a server) We could probably set up something similar for NWN2
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I have my order in already for NWN2. Loved the first and played it to death.

As for Oblivion, it's a must PC purchase.
          [defense]

Comment

Update...

Neverwinter Nights 2 was scheduled for release -

North America: Oct. 31st / Europe: Nov 3rd

It has just been put back again. Now its not coming out in the UK until mid to late November.

Dang....
            [defense]

Comment

I don't mind see'ing that personally. I like them to take their time and get everything right. I know i'll enjoy it for years to come :D

- -

Comment

Im just very impatient atm. It seems i have been waiting so long for a game to be released that grabs my attention & sparks my imagination.
                [defense]

Comment

I hear ya, i waited a long time for LoTRO to come out, lots of anticipation, heh.

- -

Comment

I played some NWN multiplayer on a couple of PW servers with friends back in the day. It was good fun. The down side was always getting ahead of or falling behind my friends in character level when our play schedules didn't match up (the PW's we played on had a 10 level difference limit for grouping). They tended to be a bit melee heavy too wich made solo'n as an archer/arcane archer tough (what can I say... I almost always tend to play archers).

I'm keeping a hopeful eye on NWN2 even though I'm not a hardcore D&D kinda guy. I hope to have a new box built that can run it before it's out (as well as Oblivion which looks pretty cool).

I really wish they hadn't dropped linux support though. :(
                    --
                    Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

I am looking forward to NWN2 with baited breath, and a TG server would be a great thing if we have active, interested admins. I do stress Interested and Active. With the basis on team work and objective based play that TG promotes it could be a very hapening server to be on.

Comment

Its all warming up.

Here's a few nice links. There is some interesting reading on Modding and the NWN2 toolset. Also some good forums on the single player campagn.

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/UK/index.php

http://neverwinternights2.rpg-mods.c...tpage&Itemid=1

Modding Tutorials...
                        http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...s.Detail&id=14

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...html?forum=100

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums....html?forum=97
                        [defense]

Comment

I'm thinking about grabbing nwn2. A few long time friends are both getting it, so it might be a way to stay in touch over long distance. If TG runs a server... Mmm that's even better.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X