what's new?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's new?

Folks I've been playing pen and paper D&D for the better part of 25 years and since no one in the area plays I've started to miss it. So I was thinking a computer based RPG might be a good way to fill that void for a while. I looked at WOW, DDO, Oblivion etc.... but none of them "fit". The last few games I played that I liked were The Temple of Elemental Evil, Baulders Gate, and Ultima Online for 7 years. I'm not really looking for an online game as I don't have several hundred hours to dedicate to it each month.

Any recommendations? I like third person better than first person if that helps

Thanks

Re: what's new?

Did you ever play Wizardry 8? That was the last RPG that I really enjoyed. It's a bit old, but you may be able to find it somewhere.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You cannot go wrong with Guild Wars. It's pretty fun and has no monthly fee.

Comment

Neverwinter Nights is right up your alley. It's DnD and it's very good. I recommend the platinum version.

You can also check out Baldur's gate series or icewind dale.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X