Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches!

http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

Heh, fun stuff.

Magical Inequality Theorem
    In the course of your travels you may find useful-sounding spells such as Petrify, Silence, and Instant Death. However, you will end up never using these spells in combat because a) all ordinary enemies can be killed with a few normal attacks, making fancy attacks unneccessary, b) all bosses and other stronger-than-average monsters are immune to those effects so there's no point in using them for long fights where they'd actually come in handy, and c) the spells usually don't work anyway.

Magical Inequality Corollary
    When the enemy uses Petrify, Silence, Instant Death, et cetera spells on you, they will be effective 100% of the time.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches!

LoL,

yea, I had actually seen this awhile back but it was fun to read it again. The one that popped out at me right away was:

"No! My beloved peasant village!"
    The hero's home town, city, slum, or planet will usually be annihilated in a spectacular fashion before the end of the game, and often before the end of the opening scene.

NWN2 anyone?

Comment

Re: The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches!

how about every rpg ever. anyone ever find out why the main character has no idea who the hell he is?...
      Current member of the

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X