X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard: Best FPS help I have seen!

http://forums.tentonhammer.com/showthread.php?t=2559

Post #4 and post #23.

I was struggling to get 25 FPS in wilderness and 15 in the city. I am now up to about 55FPS in wilderness and 35-40FPS in city. Low setting, going to see what tweaks I can make to increase visual quality but keep good FPS.
    Battlefield 2: Battlefield 2142: WoW: Oblivion: NWN2

Re: Vanguard: Best FPS help I have seen!

Thanks Revark .. I get some crazy high FPS even with the settings maxxed out and about but it chugs my machine when I get into town.

Its not the other players, I've been in groups and dungeons with 15-20 folks and it runs fine but in town even with only two or three other players I lag hard.

Comment

It's how they designed their graphics and problems with poor coding overall that's giving the issues. I've played off and on for a few days just to try it out, and things are not working how they should. I'll see the far part of a fence several seconds before the near part, trees are random in how and when they decide to appear, mobs seem to skip "frames" in their animations past a certain distance. I've got a pretty robust machine, too, so I shouldn't be seeing these problems. I've even had to turn my settings down from medium to low, which is sad. I know that FFXI had similar amounts of detail, and an older machine of mine ran that flawlessly on the highest settings.

I think that in a few months when they finally finish the game these things will smooth out, but until then it's kinda sad that we have to manually tweak a paid beta, heh.

In the meantime, Control+Alt+Delete features the Vanguard crafting system in their comic today. I actually found the crafting system unique and enjoyable, but the comic definitely presents a fair representation of when things go bad, heh:

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070214
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

yes six copper pieces seems very fair!
        Current member of the

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...