Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

I like the setting of this game being based on Roman/Greek mythology. It may be closer to Age of Conan than WOW. It's going to be hard to choose between all these new MMO's.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/godsh...;picks;title;1
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

This is one of the few mmo's I'm following this and huxley.

Comment

I hope it does not use instancing too much, reviews I read describe questing like in guild wars, instanced.
      We will see.

Comment

new review is up

Gamespy posted a new review today. I must say this looks promising. Cant wait for this game. Doubtful it'll release b-4 conan though.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/gods-and-heroes/787408p1.html

Comment

A new batch of closed beta has started. Signup quickly!
          Also, there's a great new vid. on gamespot detailing minion combat. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
            A new batch of closed beta has started. Signup quickly!
            Also, there's a great new vid. on gamespot detailing minion combat. Check it out.
            Do you have a link? Could not find the sign up.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

http://community.godsandheroes.com/betasignup/

Comment

I am now in the beta. The gaming gods have answered my prayers. Blessed be the God of gaming. (pun fully intended)

Of course, the Gods are always full of sick irony. The twist?

I'm leaving to go out of town for likely 2 weeks... <sigh> what a sick sick game those gods play.

Comment

Re: Gods &amp; Heroes: Rome Rising

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                  I am now in the beta. The gaming gods have answered my prayers. Blessed be the God of gaming. (pun fully intended)

Of course, the Gods are always full of sick irony. The twist?

I'm leaving to go out of town for likely 2 weeks... <sigh> what a sick sick game those gods play.
                  I received a beta key at Comic Con and registered but have not gotten in yet. Hmmmm...gods have frowned upon me.
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Welp, I've been testing a little bit and I'm sure GnH wont be released in '07 that's for sure. They still have quite a bit of work to do. Nevertheless, it's a very "elegant" game. That's the best way to describe it. I'm not sure how much further I can go into it (NDA). Usually I can get a good feel for a game the moment I first play it and I'm not disappointed. GnH took about 4 levels before I could really start to see what it's about and it DOES have potential.

Problem, like I said, is that the industry is in dire need of a replacement MMO right NOW. Only 2 games are close and that's TR and PotBS. It's too bad they cant get this thing out quicker.

Anyways, it IS a niche game. Not your garden variety. A breath of fresh air just like TR and PotBS. But, if you're more inclined towards standard turned-based medievel fantasy, then GnH is probably more for you then the others.

Comment

Yeh it looks awesome, I have to try it out when it comes out :D

Comment

I believe it was due this year? I liked what I played at Comic Con.
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Just a little "nugget" to whet your whistle. This game seems to get better and better as time goes on. i.e. the higher lvl you are, the more goodness it displays.

Like I said... it has a very "elegant" feel. It's also a very easy game to play for long periods of time. The graphics remind me much of Age of Empires. They're very easy on the eyes. This is good thing. Contrary to Tabula Rasa, which is an assault on the senses. Graphically, I believe GnH has every MMO out there right now beat, 'cept for maybe Vanguard. It's a lot of fun zooming in on a photorealistic rendering of a Harpy bent on killing you. But, some people will still like a more traditional style graphical game, like TR.

I played with my 1st minion last night and I was surprised how much it increases the fun factor in even the most menial grinding task. I found myself really experimenting with different strategies to use with my minion. And this is just at lvl 4 with ONE minion. Just wait until you command an army!

Anyways, that's all I'm gonna say right now. The potential with this game is amazing, but we'll see what Perpetual does with it. They still have a long way to go before release, which is sure to be sometime in '08.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X