The Fury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fury

ZariusZer0 (aka Deleo to us WoW TGers) pointed out The Fury to me a while ago and it sparked some interest in what seems to be an interesting game.

On a related note, and the reason why I bring it up, is that they are offering alpha keys to Fileplanet members here.

I have to remember to let him know. -.-
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: The Fury

It's an excellent game thus far. Luckily, I have been apart of and currently am in the alpha test. There are bugs of course seeing as the game is only in alpha but they are being worked out rather quickly. The gameplay is nothing like any experience I have had with other MMORPG's before. It is very real-time combat. This will be THE competitive RPG without a doubt.

Comment

I played this at PAX. It was pretty basic then, and nicely fast paced, and it really rewarded teamwork and coordination. It's by the same guys who made Dark Reign, which is good, but they've mostly been doing Train Simulators lately, which is bad. We'll see.

Comment

Aye, I've been following it dedicatedly. My PC isn't quite up to the alpha specs, so I think that's why i didn't get in there..but it's good to see some other TG faces interested in Fury. I can nearly guarantee you'll see me there when it releases.

Comment

I put in my specs, and apparently they are to low for the alpha. Heh.

Comment

Fun game so far and has some potential as a purely pvp tactical MMO.

Comment

Another batch of keys is being distributed. Get em while they're hot! http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/fury/#

Also, for a small review of the game:
              http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fury/774867p1.html

I'll be in this Friday's playtest for sure. Cant wait to try out the Unreal 3 engine in this type of game with my new system. I'd been hoping Huxley would be out by now (another tactical-mmo fps), but looks like Fury will come out quicker.

Comment

Got my key! I'm excited. I loved DAoC and Guild Wars because they stressed PvP above everything else. A good competitive RPG bliss!

Comment

I am "Ghambit" of the Green Realm. Maybe I'll see some of you online this weekend.

Comment

I watched a few videos of the game. All I see are players running around attacking each other, ala quake deathmatch, just with more weapons and moves. Am I totally misinterpreting the videos? Nothing wrong with that type of game, I just fail to see the role-playing aspect of it. Any insights would be appreciated!
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                      I watched a few videos of the game. All I see are players running around attacking each other, ala quake deathmatch, just with more weapons and moves. Am I totally misinterpreting the videos? Nothing wrong with that type of game, I just fail to see the role-playing aspect of it. Any insights would be appreciated!
                      The "roleplaying" aspect is the levelling, skill aquisition, and gear. It is functionally a RPG in the fact that you level your avatar, add to their skill pool, and collect gear for them. It is not role playing in the classic sense of "I'm a guy in this world who does x and let me talk about it."

Think a PvP only version of System Shock or Deus Ex. The developers were going for the Reese's Peanut Buttercup of RPG/FPS game elements.

I tried this one out, and have to say wasn't really impressed. If they can tweak the Melee/Ranged balance *alot* it may be worth playing, but right now it isn't that great.

Oh, and be forewarned that currently once you make a character you cannot delete them or change class without a ton of money for gear and skills, so be very careful when choosing your initial class.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X