Play be (e)mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play be (e)mail

Did anyone ever play by mail - whereby you would send a letter detailing your instructions to the games master and then he'd mail you back the results, etc?

I was thinking about Play by email? If anyone is interested I suggest the following.

I will collect your email addy's (6 players only please) and send you all the 1st part of the story. Each day you must read what is going on and respond to that, following any instructions given. I will then add your responses to the next email i send out, and so on.

the setting will be a D&D type setting so it's magic, arms and armour. Think of a character, what items he has, what spells, magic items, etc. Warriors cannot cast spells, Wizards can only cast magic, theifs are silent and can pick locks, Clerics can heal the wounded and fight a little.

Limit your character to 2 magic items (wizards, that doesn't include your spells) and don't go over board - think of interesting things that would add to a good story.

I won't get technical with hit points, abilities etc, rather I'll make an educated guess on how you do.

1st 6 replies get in and it's one email a day. I'll try and add a few graphics as well.

It's something a little different that shouldn't take up too much time, perhaps something to muse over at work to brighten up the day a bit. Imagination is the key player here and that will be rewarded.

So is anyone interested?
    Jex.

Re: Play be (e)mail

sounds really cool...

Noy sure of the specifics tho.

Comment

don't worry about that - all you need to do is follow the instructions I give and email me back.

That's 1 - 5 left.
      Jex.

Comment

I'm ready for some of this action! Be prepared for a very butchy dwarven cleric. :D

PM sent to you Jex with e-mail addy.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

OK that's 2 so far - I'm hoping a few others are game but if not then we'll go ahead with it. This will commence Monday next week. I'll send you an email describing where you start and what to do initially. If there are instructions on the email you must follow them to the letter. After that you are free to do any action you can think of in response to your surroundings and characters.

Frijole - PM me your email address.
          Jex.

Comment

A seperate forum is unlikely to happen, unfortunately, and remember - I have to put the work in to process 6 emails, during the day, whilst I'm at work. This is really just to break up the day a little with something that hopefully won't take too long to do but provides us with a little bit of fun. If it works out that we can get a faster turn around then perhaps, but as we all work, we won't all be able to respond immediately.

This will be a test case and we'll see how it runs and how we can adapt it. I'd rather let imagination be the only rule but we may need to work out some sort of system.
            Jex.

Comment

This sounds interesting... I'm willing to give it a go. I like the free form nature of it really. You want character descriptions sent to you before monday? Mind if we coordinate? Or just make them up seperately and see where the chips fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
                This sounds interesting... I'm willing to give it a go. I like the free form nature of it really. You want character descriptions sent to you before monday? Mind if we coordinate? Or just make them up seperately and see where the chips fall?
                good question.

Or do we wait till monday to do this?

Comment

Sure, why not. Nothing else consuming time these days. :)
                  sigpic
                  I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

OK so far we have

Frijole
                    Sarc
                    Addict
                    Eternal
                    Riyker

As definites. Psi you in or out?

OK come Monday you will receive your first email. Have a think of your charcter, what he looks like, what he's carrying/wearing, Height, weight, the way he/she carries him/herself - just get a picture of your character in your mind and the psychological makeup of him/her.

Emails will come from [email protected]. You may wish to set up a rule, if using outlook, to filter the emails to their own folder.
                    Jex.

Comment

I'm interested in this. Add me in if there is still a spot, please.

Comment

As Psi was here first he has to call it. I don't know whether he's in or not, if not then you can take the last spot.
                        Jex.

Comment

OK entries are in and now closed. As this is the pilot we'll see how this goes. This will be a short one to start with (hopefully around about a month) and at the end of this we'll look at how we can make it better. If you want to be a part, new players always get priority over the old.
                          Jex.

Comment

tycho pm me your email please?
                            Jex.

Comment

done and done.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server