Pirates of The Burning Sea: Society Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of The Burning Sea: Society Discussion Thread

With the expansion of the closed beta to include a couple of thousand more testers. We as a community may want to look into creating a Society.

Society Name:

Faction:
    (Spanish, British, Pirate or French)

Professions:
    ( Adventurer: Whom is a merchant with loose affiliations and can trade across more ports. These guys will be able to create stores and shipyards.

Navy: Duh well are a Naval Officer who is sworn to uphold the laws of your nation. Not so much trade more Police.

Pirate:Well you can trade but mostly you pillage and plunder

For those more familiair with the setup please post your corrections.)

(The previous three things are what I believe to be the most essential at this time. The following items are part of a standard listing of information [Found here http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14879 ]for societies.)

Server:

Mission Statement:

Recruitment Status:

Qualities we seek in recruits:

Other Info:

Of course not everyone wants to a be a Pirate or from teh same Nation.
    So what can and probably will occur is a Society for each Faction..

Re: Pirates of The Burning Sea: Society Discussion Thread

Privateer is where it's at!

- -

Comment

Yah, you forgot privateer. Historically, the best pirates of all time were generally privateers to begin with. Capt. Morgan being one of them.

As for what TG does, I think it best that we focus on one particular society rather then splitting everyone up. For my opinion on the matter I'd need to be in the beta.

A final decision also doesnt need to be reached until release, once everyone has had a taste. knowhatimean?

My initial vote is the British (and Navy in particular). Because I think captaining a huge 100+ gun ship-of-the-line would be cool as hell. "Death Star" of the Sea.

Next vote, maybe a French Privateer. After all, the French had the best ships and guns. And being a Privateer means the best of both worlds.

Comment

Dangit.. I read most of the posts I could find. Of course it was 2 am and I needed sleep sleep.

But yeah I am leaning towards being a privateer as well.

Comment

Augustus said he was talking to Apophis about setting up private forums to discuss stuff like this for people who are participating in the beta. We should wait until those forums are working to discuss what the advantages are for each nation and how our society will be set up economically.

I think we should be a mix of navy, privateers, and freetraders in whichever (singular!) nation we decide. We might also want a separate pirate society, since societies are not international.

We also need a name. I thought 'Tactical Trading Company' might be a good one (basically EVE's 'Tactical Enterprise Group LTD' adjusted for the time period). But, if none of us play as freetraders, something more like 'Tactical Squadron' might be more appropriate.

Comment

There are plenty of historical references for Merchants acting in concert with the Navy, so I'd vote for the Tactical Trading Company to be British. I do think it's important for a large group of us to work together, and in POTBS that means we'd have to be the same nationality. Maybe we could set up a poll for people who intend to be in the full game?

Comment

hmmm.. I'd love to be a pirate, although if you guys do get a guild together I'll join ya as a British privateer.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator View Post
                hmmm.. I'd love to be a pirate, although if you guys do get a guild together I'll join ya as a British privateer.
                You're not British, you never will be! How you been you sob.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X