Anyone still on Vanguard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still on Vanguard?

I have been off Vanguard for around 5 Months & am looking at returning. Any1at TG still playing? Although I know from previous experience that the title isn't that popular here.
    [defense]

Re: Anyone still on Vanguard?

Originally posted by phaze View Post
    I have been off Vanguard for around 5 Months & am looking at returning. Any1at TG still playing? Although I know from previous experience that the title isn't that popular here.

It's not really popular anywhere to be honest. I played from beta into early launch and then lost interest in a hurry. Shame too because the game could have been great.

Instead it was a rushed out the door as a FUBAR MMO. I know it's hard to say that it was rushed considering how long it was in development, but the launched result was far from what it was hyped to be and what it could have been.

Ah well...too many other good MMO's coming out in the near future that I highly doubt I'd ever go back to Vanguard.

Can't believe it actually makes me a little sad to say that. I had such high hopes.....
    It's all in the Reflexes.

Comment

It's booming in Europe. The European servers are now well populated & there seems to be a great community. Looking at some of the mmorpg forums it seems that most of the larger Guilds from EQ & EQ2 have now moved to Vanguard taking a huge chunk of their player base with them. I joined Helgar briefly last night to find that indeed the updates that had been made had drastically improved the game. Ill give it another shot for a while and see how it pans out.
      [defense]

Comment

The EQ2 players had to go somewhere since that was a sinking ship and Vanguard was explained to me as being EQish. I also played the beta and was disgusted by how unfinished the game was when they released it. Some of the dialogue and tool tips were still in development and had filler text and other parts just had stop gaps for "Look what we can do here!" without any real development in them and massive gaps in character progression. I'd be surprised if any of the new updates and patches did anything but improve on the game since it would be difficult for it to be any worse.

Have fun with your Vanguard experience and tell us how things are over there now. Who knows, you might drum up more interest from some TG peeps.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Vanguard is free now for ex-players until Jan 17th. Just as an FYI. I saw this and began toying with the idea of trying it out again to see if it has changed.
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

It has.

Definately worth a look again. Make sure you pick up your free flying Mount :)
            [defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X