NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Came out about the same time as Orange box. Anybody buy it? Play it? Care?

I have a copy, just now getting to install it. Haven't really played/followed it since the stability issues caused the shutdown of the TG server. Expansion actually looks interesting, reading reviews managed to get me interested in playing again.

Hopefully in the last year they've worked out most of the bugs and the game is stable enough to be enjoyed like it should.

I'm always willing to host if anybody has the itch to play some Coop or whatever. Feel free to hit me up on any of the IM's listed in my profile.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Honestly... as much as I wanted to, I never even finished the first one... I kept getting hung up by some video bug that would replay the same cinematic sequence over and over... I just got fed up with it and uninstalled :(

How is it though
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
      Honestly... as much as I wanted to, I never even finished the first one... I kept getting hung up by some video bug that would replay the same cinematic sequence over and over... I just got fed up with it and uninstalled :(
      Same here. I never hit any showstopper bugs like that...I just couldn't get into the game because of the awful user interface. I'll never buy an Obsidian game again. KOTOR2 and NWN2 was enough for me. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

As an old AD&D player from back in the day, who has no local gaming group. NWN and NWN2 fill a void in my magic / dragon slaying gamer life. I'm not willing to pay $15 a month to play WOW, and I'm a fan of the D&D system / realms. I actually loved NWN, the expansions and when NWN2 came out I upgraded my PC just to play it. The story is much better than NWN 1, and the character party is a nice touch. I really enjoy playing, even with the small bugs, like the chase cam problems, some graphics meltdowns, the over the top character acting (sometimes) the Spell effects are greatly improved.
        Park Bench

Doing laps of Lumber Yard, waiting impatiently for another POE Scrim.

sigpic

Comment

Been playing it off and on. Only one crash thus far, and only one noticable bug. Still not perfect, but loads better than the OC, which crashed on average about once every 3 minutes. YMMV.

I like the expansion better than the OC. The story is darker, and the companions more interesting. Still has it's problems, but it's fun IMO.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Once I get through the Witcher, Ill reinstall NWN2 I think... I loved the game up to the point where it didn't love me back, lol
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
              I loved the game up to the point where it didn't love me back, lol
              My sentiments exactly.
              | | |

Comment

Right on. Finished the game. Loved the story, Loved the ending. The main spirit-eater mechanic was kind of eh, but it was surmountable.

Other than the one crash and one bug, I had no stability issues with this at all. So it seems like they got that wrapped up pretty good.

If you liked NWN2 at all, you need to get the expansion, hands down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X