Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG?

Hi Folks..anyone try the Pirates of the Caribbean Online game yet???

Opinions.?.. Looks like a good price..plus free to try... I may give her a shot...

http://www.piratesonline.com/
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG?

FYI..I have logged in and played on a Free account for a Few hours... on the Disney Pirates Online game..
    First off..not bad at all.. alot of the graphics are decent (on land. better then PotBS..at sea not so much..).. The Character movement..better...more fluid. Probably a more shallow RPG... not as detailed... but there seems to be a large GRoup/clan following. Ship combat is Fun..a bit better then PotBS.. in my opinion.. but not as detailed.. Although I just started ..I don't have different SHOT etc...
    Sword Combat is better in Disneys at this point..offering different sword strokes etc..and specialty moves..etc..
    It is a apparently WEB based or Browser based interface..and the Free one has a few ad spots around the frame...
    Character development (Outfits and the other frilly stuff)..is much better in PotBS.
    Give her a shot tho..It's free..and you just may wanna keep playing...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I tried it when it first was beta, and it just awful, I don't think it even supported fullscreen, and it was ran in windowed mode, very strange.

Comment

Yeah..it will do full screen now... I don't see alot of bugs at this point... One thing that separates this game a BUNCH from PoTBS is the Economy. There is none (really) in PoTC. Get Gold Buy stuff... Period.. no Trading, Selling, economic strategy is out the window. In Fact I cannot even give gold to someone (that I can figure out).
        Also.. the ease of losing one's life and ship... in PoTC you sink your ship..you just kick your way out of jail...and pay a small amount of gold to repair your sunken ship..and you are off again..

BUT.. Ship Combat with a few folks on your ship is WAY COOL!.. I mean you can have many players on board.. Manning cannons or just standing around...

If you try it..you will LEARN to HATE the chat filter... it replaces any word or Type-O with an "Arrrr" ... Kills me..cant' even type a number like "5000" without it making it an "Arrr" ..Uber Stupid!!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I would like to se a Pirate RPG with the engine of Age Of pirates Carribean Tales, it shouldent be that dificult to acomplish, the game already have the Online sea battle.

"I'm gonna shove the lawbook somewhere where the sun don't shine on him.
          Then he can truly say that he knows how it feels when the laws are used effectively"

Comment

Just Some images of Gameplay... And yep..I am Leo Peardog!
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

i dont think the free trail is going on anymore, atleast i cant find it.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

If you just go to https://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/...=createAccount
                and create an account... you will have unlimted free access. Of course there is a catch... you will have some ad's around the screen..and are limited to only certain items, levels etc.. (ex. no Voodoo for you..etc..) ..
                But you can still play and get a good feel for it...
                First month is $4.99... I subbed it for at least the first month or two untill PoTBS comes out in full force (or Conan...).
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Oh....one thing that is kinda neat...it had Poker and Blackjack you can play in the Tavern's to Win Gold.. I cannot Play Poker..but I hear that's where the real Gold is! Arrr!
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Bumping this because I've been playing it with my 9 year old son. He wanted to move beyond Toontown and Jack Sparrow is the Skywalker of his generation. To get him kicked off I payed a few months for myself. I agree with peardog that it's pretty shallow gameplay, but the ship combat really makes the game.

For those that have played Company of Heroes, consider it's similar to micromanaging your tanks in battle. If you position yourself wisely, use your speed at the right times, tack and fire broadsides you can take down larger targets with success.

Also, once you get enough cash to have a bigger ship you can do some amazing things with teamwork. Some of the skills you get as captain makes your crew more effective at the guns, so there are some good incentives to team up.

For any one with kids who loved the PotC movies, this is a pretty good game. You also get to talk in pirate while playing, which my son hates, and that just makes it more fun.

Comment

I've seen the commercial for this on TV before I think. It looked alright, and from the screen shots peardog showed, it looks pretty good in terms of game play. The graphics do look a bit odd but I don't really care as long as the game is fun to play. What would you guys rate this on a scale from 1 to 10?
                      |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

I dropped it thinking I was going to move to Pirates of the Burning Sea... but never made it to POTBS...too complex game play... And Now I kinda miss POC!.. It was such an easy game to pickup and play for a little while at a time.. And the price is right..I just may go back for the fun of it..till Conan get's it's act together...
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

it's a strange game . .

Comment

there's also a pirate mmog the pirate king, and you can also try Neo Steam. sorry for double posting :)

Comment

the game is ok, the free trial thing is a big scam into getting paying members, its not like 9 dragons or 2 moons (both acclaim games that are free) after the trial period you cant play in full screen. the game itself is cool with the skills, but for the trial its very linear and you cant really deviate much. The multi player ship battles are cool, you can have a player mounting each gun on a ship which is a cool feature, getting a full ship is hard though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X