Mass Effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect

I'm surprised no one has created a topic on this! Anyone playing currently since it was just recently released on the PC? :D

I started on Sunday and have been loving it so far. Typical Bioware RPG goodness.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: Mass Effect

I will be buying it soon, I think. These games are almost always better than I had hoped for...
    OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

There was a thread started here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...ss-effect.html

I've been playing since Firday and am loving it, also I love the whole way they do side quests on this game just adds alot to thewhole universe.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
        There was a thread started here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...ss-effect.html

I've been playing since Firday and am loving it, also I love the whole way they do side quests on this game just adds alot to thewhole universe.
        Ahhh...thank you Disciple! I thought I had read something here already but couldn't remember where. :)

The immersion factor of the game is outstanding although it does seem like the game doesn't have as much depth as KOTOR did. My only beefs with it so far however is with the inventory system and the graphics go a bit fuzzy on me on some of the interior environments. I think it might just be my 1920 x 1200 resolution I'm running at...I'm tempted to throw it in a window and bump that resolution down a bit.

The game play itself has been great although my main character I think is only at level 6 right now. I'm at the point where I'm about to have my second meeting with the council. Starting to get a feel for the game mechanics and what each character type can do. I have a feeling when everything is said and done it'll be time to play it through a second time at a harder difficulty level. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Hey you also may want to turn off the film gain effect in the video menu, it is terrible and will cause the fuzziness your talking about, also it gives a hit to fps so turning it off kills two birds with one stone.

As for depth i never played the first KotoR however I played the second one and I much prefere this game to that. The story is incredible with all the choices and such and apperently the way you play it will pass across onto the sequals. On another subject has anyone here found out when that downloadable content will come out, I can't believe we get it for free woop.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
          Winston Churchill

Comment

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...18-Mass-Effect
            sigpic
            <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Hey you also may want to turn off the film gain effect in the video menu, it is terrible and will cause the fuzziness your talking about, also it gives a hit to fps so turning it off kills two birds with one stone.
              Great! I'll try that...thanks.

As for depth i never played the first KotoR however I played the second one and I much prefere this game to that. The story is incredible with all the choices and such and apperently the way you play it will pass across onto the sequals. On another subject has anyone here found out when that downloadable content will come out, I can't believe we get it for free woop.
              I highly recommend you play the first KOTOR if you haven't already. I played that one through twice. KOTOR2 wasn't nearly as good IMO to say nothing about its hacked up ending.

No idea about the downloaded content.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Very good game, used the EA downloader and played through it in a week. Story and character development were excellent and the game mechanics were above average for a game of this type.

Comment

Cool we got another who enjoyed it, just wondering what choices you guys made, I kinda went all out paragon, any one find the renegade route satisfing ? Also What teams did you find to be the most tactical, I was sticking with Wrex and Ash but I think for hardcore I'll need to be a bit more tactical.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Cool we got another who enjoyed it, just wondering what choices you guys made, I kinda went all out paragon, any one find the renegade route satisfing ? Also What teams did you find to be the most tactical, I was sticking with Wrex and Ash but I think for hardcore I'll need to be a bit more tactical.
                    I'm not done my first time through yet but I am getting my Renegade level up quite a bit. It's especially satisfying when you screw over the reporters. lol

I agree that the normal difficulty level doesn't require much tactics wise. I'm running a Soldier and usually have Wrex and Garrus with me. No problems so far. Although I just finished the Benezia battle and Lauria (?) as a 100% Biotic has some kick ass abilities. Lift and Singularity in particular are awesome. I think on my second run though I'll do the hardest difficulty level and do a 100% Biotic character as well and leave most of the shooting to combat heavier classes which most likely won't suffer as much from the brain dead AI.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I recently got back into it on my Xbox. Level 56 Engineer doing hardcore.... oh the fun! I love this game. Can I just say: singularity is the coolest power ever.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                        I recently got back into it on my Xbox. Level 56 Engineer doing hardcore.... oh the fun! I love this game. Can I just say: singularity is the coolest power ever.
                        Well, I finished my first pass through the game last night...AWESOME! I tell ya, that whole sequence from Ilos onwards is A+ story and action. Easily one of the best plots I've seen in a game. Hopefully Uwe Boll doesn't get the movie rights and massacre it. :madsmile:

So...I started my 2nd run through the game and was torn whether to go with an Adept or add some more combat into the mix and do Vanguard. I went with the latter and am thinking of having Ashley and Kaiden as my main party members. This would also follow along the theme of having my character pro-Earth and have a strong anti-alien sentiment. Of course I'm at hardcore difficulty this time around. :D

Sigh...the only thing I'm regretting is my character won't have singularity. It would also be interesting to play through with no mixed characters. I'm thinking Adept for Shephard and then take Ashley (Soldier) and Tali (Engineer).

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...