What is your favorite RPG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite RPG?

Hey everyone. Sorry if something like this has been posted before, but I thought this might be helpful or at least fun for some people out there. When I say helpful I mean that it might be useful for people who want to get into a new RPG or something.

What is your favorite RPG game, and why is it your favorite RPG game? Maybe add a little bit about what you like to see in an RPG game.

To start things off, my favorite game is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I do not own this game but my friend happens to have an XBox 360 and the game so I've played it quite a few times. I love the AI and game play in this. It just amazes me how lifelike the game is (as far as games can go...). I also like the fact that your not limited to "completing a mission". You have the freedom of being able to just prance around and do your own thing. I personally can't wait until the new Elder Scrolls game comes out (I hope they are going to have another one). I do hope to god that they improve their combat system a bit though.
    |TG| HolyEnd

Re: What is your favorite RPG?

Originally posted by Holy View Post
    To start things off, my favorite game is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I do not own this game but my friend happens to have an XBox 360 and the game so I've played it quite a few times. I love the AI and game play in this. It just amazes me how lifelike the game is (as far as games can go...). I also like the fact that your not limited to "completing a mission". You have the freedom of being able to just prance around and do your own thing. I personally can't wait until the new Elder Scrolls game comes out (I hope they are going to have another one). I do hope to god that they improve their combat system a bit though.
    Oblivion would also rank as my favorite RPG game, played on the PC of course. I must have put a solid 200 hours into it; of course it helped that I was unemployed at the time. ;)

The main reason is the graphics were top notch which in turn made it easily the most immersive game I've ever played. The combat system was good, as was the story. My main beef with the game was the dynamic difficulty scaling which is why I played it through with Obscuro's mod.

I look forward to revisiting this game in a year or two and seeing what the community has created in the way of mods for it. The last time I looked it was already a huge list.

My 2nd and 3rd favorite games would be a tie between The Witcher and Knights of the Old Republic. The Witcher has top notch graphics, a good story, and the part I like the best is the fact that some decisions you need to make actually mean something. :) KOTR had solid game play in the Star Wars universe and of course Bioware's excellent story telling.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Titan Quest. The most underrated game of all time in my opinion. I still play to this day.
      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
      "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
      - Check me out on The Onion
      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Baldur's Gate
        Baldur's Gate Tales of the Swoard Coast
        Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn
        Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhal

Put them all together and what do you have Baldur's Gate TuTu a user made mod that runs all the games through in one long game woot.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Oblivion and KOTR 1 and 2.

- -

Comment

Fallout 2 and BG 2. Best RPGs ever.
            Never played BG 1, did play fallout 1 but i prefer 2.
            I'm sorry, I was taking life seriously.

Comment

Does Quest for Glory 2 count?
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Final Fantasy is definitely my top pick for best RPG.

Comment

Yes. I like them all.

But...

I haven't played oblivion yet (cause I'm cheap and waiting for price to fall)
                  but I like Morrowind. It is the only game installed on my laptop.

I liked BG I. I never finished the last battle because my party was heavily magic based and the last guy is immune to magic. I never got very far on BG II. I don't know why. I liked it, just never got that far in it before quiting.

I like stalker. it's cool. I need to spend more time on it.

I love titan quest. I have the expansion, but haven't finished the main game yet.

ADHD is a difficult cross to bare, but a good excuse to play a LOT of different games.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Baldur's Gate and sequels, Daggerfall, Temple of Elemental Evil, and then Dungeon Seige.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

The only Baulders gate I played was 2 and it was pretty cool but it was pretty much a dungeon crawler. Were the others ones different?

Comment

I liked the Phantasy Star series...

In fact, I went by the alias/handle "Rykros" for a great many years after I played the game. Only until a year or two ago did I switch it up for something different (no, no Spulat) and I still retain a few screen names and such with it included.
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Fallout 2. 'nuff said.
                          | | |

Comment

My favorite is a scifi mix of simulation and RPG. It is the original XCOM: UFO Defense by Microprose. When that game came out I lost countless hours of study time to it. In recent years, the Cenega company has done a decent job keeping the genre alive with UFO Aftermath, UFO Aftershock, and UFO Afterlight.

In the classic fantasy genre, I favor the Baldur's Gate franchise and the Temple of Elemental Evil. Nothing like the classic line up of 4-6 adventurers kicking medieval butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                              Baldur's Gate
                              Baldur's Gate Tales of the Swoard Coast
                              Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn
                              Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhal
                              Substract the first two, and that list also counts for me. I dislike BG I, but BG II is the greatest CRPG ever created in my opinion.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X