For you SWG, Pre-CU/Pre-NGE, fans!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you SWG, Pre-CU/Pre-NGE, fans!

Discovered this project recently called SWGEmu. It's an attempt to emulate the game prior to the CU/NGE updates!

http://swgemu.com/

You'll need to have the original Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided software in order to play. I still had mine, so decided to give it a shot!
    | | |

Re: For you SWG, Pre-CU/Pre-NGE, fans!

Yah, this has been going on for years. Earth and Beyond has a similar emulator. SOE has inkled that they'd shut this project down (i.e. sue them) if it ever got too big, but for now they view it as a joke so they're leaving them alone.

What's the status of it btw? Is it done? Y'know, It'd be kinda cool to have our own TG-SwG server - damned cool actually. We could treat it pretty much like all of our highly populated FPS servers. hmmm Could be onto something here actually.

"TG moves into MMO-hosting"

Comment

As far as I know, Sony can't shut them down as they're not doing anything illegal. I read a lengthy article on the legalities and why SWGEmu is not illegal, if I can find it again, I'll link it here.

As for progress, seems like its coming along well. The test center server is live and open for anyone to join. Currently updating my client, haven't gotten to jump on and see how it runs for myself.
      | | |

Comment

oh man, yeah i still i have my disks. I'll have to check this out.

- -

Comment

You can find me as Atomic Dog.

EDIT: Have to find me as Contrecoup...deleted Atomic Dog and can't remake another character with that name right away.
          Last edited by Atomic Dog; 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM.
          | | |

Comment

How does everything play and work in the game? Are there any plans for any quasi-real server support? If not... what about making TGs first MMO? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
              How does everything play and work in the game? Are there any plans for any quasi-real server support? If not... what about making TGs first MMO? :)
              There's still a lot of testing and balancing going on. A lot of things still not in the game. There are limited areas (mostly POI's) where you can go to hunt mobs, but there's no exp right now. But there are NPC's who will level you up through professions. A lot of the bug testing seems to be centered around crafting and schematics.

I'm still getting a feel for what's going on and what areas are in need of testing, though it seems there is enough content right now for groups of players to have a good time with while helping test the game for bugs and whatnot.

Right now, as far as server support, they're working on a set of server tools and such that will be packaged with the Emu once its finished and released. At that point, anyone who wants will be able to host their own server. Would be cool to see a TG SWGEmu server when that time comes.
              | | |

Comment

Its up and running. there is a test server and a live game play server called Basilisk.. and it is freaking awesome so far. it still needs a lot of work, but there is plenty to do.. galactic civil war events, faction perks, player cities, crafting, vendors.. and a GOOD population. i have no problems finding buffs, the cantinas and med ceneters are packed, its really coming along, you should definitely get your asses on the swgemu bandwagon !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X