Diablo - Tips/MP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo - Tips/MP

I recently picked up the BattleChest which includes Diablo I and II plus an expansion. I thought I was required to play one of the great click fests of all time plus I wanted to get ready for 3. Not sure how I missed out on this gem but here I am.

I've started a Warrior class and have just killed the Skeleton King on LVL 3. Damn, can he res skeletons! Getting my feet wet before I venture down to the lower levels.

So, I know we have some old school Diablo players here whose memory can be jogged. Any tips? Anyone play MP still?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Diablo - Tips/MP

By warrior do you mean barbarian or paladin?

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I will check my characters and see if I have anything around your level if you are indeed playing D2. Keep us posted on your progress and I will try and get mine fired back up again TFKD
      sigpic

Comment

If you want a stronger character at the end of the game, go sorceress with frozen orb (I think thats what its called) it shoots out an expanding frozen sphere that kills and or freezes all in its path.

Barbarians are really good in pvp. I love the assasin class with the charge skills but the trap skills are more effective. The druid is a strong class too, mixture of sorceress and barbarian mostly. I never really cared for the amazon class, but I hear the bowazon is strong.

I also liked the necromancer at the beginning but they get weaker it seems as the game goes on.

your best bet is to join servers that are doing runs of certain monsters, such as in tristram, and later on similar types of runs. you kill the boss, someone creates like tris-01, kill boss, leave, join tris-02, kill, leave......and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
          By warrior do you mean barbarian or paladin?
          I believe Warrior. Does DI have a Barbarian class? Thought that was DII? I'm playing Diablo right now not Diablo II.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
            I believe Warrior. Does DI have a Barbarian class? Thought that was DII? I'm playing Diablo right now not Diablo II.
            Let me know when you finish D1 and start D2. I will hook up with you on D2
            sigpic

Comment

in diablo 1 you can customize your character a lot more with the different spells you can use and such. Diablo 2 is a much more tailored game with a lot of options.

yes I believe it is a warrior in diablo 1, warrior, sorceress and hunter or something like that...havent played it in a long time. a lot of hackers online too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                your best bet is to join servers that are doing runs of certain monsters, such as in tristram, and later on similar types of runs. you kill the boss, someone creates like tris-01, kill boss, leave, join tris-02, kill, leave......and so on.
                That was exactly why i left D2. I got tired of doing those runs every day day in and day out, doing nothing bot gathering waypoints and skipping 90% of the content in the game and being drug by the nose to hell mode in my mid-20s (where i couldn't possibly kill anything and would get killed in 1 hit) for Ph4t 13w+z. I'd rather play the game through, imo. Less "Epic drops" but a lot more fun.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                  That was exactly why i left D2. I got tired of doing those runs every day day in and day out, doing nothing bot gathering waypoints and skipping 90% of the content in the game and being drug by the nose to hell mode in my mid-20s (where i couldn't possibly kill anything and would get killed in 1 hit) for Ph4t 13w+z. I'd rather play the game through, imo. Less "Epic drops" but a lot more fun.
                  lol, thats why I never got a player past level 60, got bored with doing baal runs over and over and over, then you go to the next level, and same thing, run to wp's, do the runs over and over while you gain levels. too repetative for me.

Comment

I recently picked up the BattleChest which includes Diablo I and II plus an expansion. I thought I was required to play one of the great click fests of all time plus I wanted to get ready for 3. Not sure how I missed out on this gem but here I am.

I've started a Warrior class and have just killed the Skeleton King on LVL 3. Damn, can he res skeletons! Getting my feet wet before I venture down to the lower levels.

So, I know we have some old school Diablo players here whose memory can be jogged. Any tips? Anyone play MP still?

Diablo 1 is maybe the best role playing, dungeon crawl game of all time. One suggestion I have is to throw up a firewall in a room before you go into it. Open the door, cast a firewall spell just inside the door and back up a little bit.

Or you can cast the firewall and walk up close to the door - but not into the flames. The demons will come towards you, and since you are in the door they have to go through single file. Just keep the firewall going just inside the door and you should be fine.

Once you get past the catacombs its a whole different world. Use the cross overs on the lave pools to create a funnel. Watch out for the poison spiters, they can take you down quick.

D1 does not have the barbarian class, its called the warrior.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X