FallOut 3 Talk w/ spoilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FallOut 3 Talk w/ spoilers

So I've been wanted to talk with some people who have played to see the different choices they've made, things that maybe afterwards you thought, Oh sh*t, what did I just do? I just didn't want to ruin it for anyone else that hasn't got to a specific point yet or that hasn't picked up the game.

I'm going to try to break my decisions down as best I can to avoid giving away something before you get there.

Vault:

I told The Vault snakes (I can't remember what they are called now) that the Overseer's daughter was sensitive about her weight. I lost Karma and they started making fun of her and she wasn't happy. While not game impacting, I thing a later action could affect me.

Escaping the Vault:

I killed the Overseer. Yes I did it. I read through the manual and was all worried about what choices I was making and then I see the officer getting ready to beat up on the girl and I busted in and killed the guard. I then shot at the Overseer's leg trying to incapacitate him, but it didn't work, he kept attacking and I killed him. His daughter was pissed, but still talked with me before I left the vault.

Megaton:

I got the Sheriff killed. I told him about Burke's trying to hire me to blow up the town and we went for some wasteland justice. I tried to kill Burke first, but it didn't work out.

Exploring:

I found Vault 106, went pretty deep into it, but started having flash back to my vault and couldn't see the enemies that were attacking me so I fled. Gotta go back and see how far down the vault goes.

Minefield:

If you haven't explored some of the building there, you really should. It seems like I found a lot of valuable things there. Damn mines were a PITA.
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Re: FallOut 3 Talk w/ spoilers

I've gone through a lot of stuff but I'll mention some of the bigger quests I've completed. There's just so much to explore and do.

Minefield:

I should go back there. I didn't explore very much because the mines were annoying. They kept exploding in my face before I could get close enough. The ones on the road are fine but the ones on hills make it hard to disarm.

Escaping the Vault:

I killed the Overseer as well. I didn't want to but I felt like I had no choice. I couldn't find the key and I thought I'd beat it out of the Overseer. Oh well.

Megaton:

I didn't want to blow up the place and I also felt the need to notify the sheriff. Too bad it didn't work out. I still disarmed the bomb later on when I had the skill. It was worth it to have the citizens thank me all the time.

Tenpenny Towers:

There could be more to do here but I think my Megaton quest changed what I was allowed to do here. All that was available is solving the ghouls wanting to move in problem. I got the ghouls to move in. Not extremely rewarding but I felt it was the right thing to do. The quest had a lot of related exploring underground.

DC:

I'm just getting into DC to continue more exploration. It's tough and you need lots of equipment so you don't run dry in the middle of nowhere. It's more populated so expect some grinding. Hopefully I can find some non-crazies.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Survivor guide-Radiation mission:

Ah I just mutated last night so I can now regenerate crippled limbs

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

The Vault:
        I threatened to hurt the Overseers daughter so he gave me the key without having to kill him

Megaton:
        I blew it up. Its actually really sweet to see the nuke go off. You get the penthouse suite in Tenpenny Tower and a nice chunk of bottlecaps.

Tennpenny Tower:
        The only real quest there is the Ghoul problem. You can either kill them, convince the people in the tower to let them move in, or open a hatch door and let Feral Ghouls kill everyone in the Tower.

Letting the Feral Ghouls in is fun, you get to loot everyones corpse after they are dead.

Comment

Tenpenny Tower update:

I went back to check on how the ghouls were getting along with the smoothskins. I regret helping the ghouls get in. Roy killed all the smoothskins and dumped them in the basement. It made me feel so bad. Killing Roy made me feel a tiny bit better.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Megaton - The Afterward:

I saved the city and got the sheriff killed and then continued on my merry way. The room in Megaton is actually rather nice. However, much later on I started to have significant issues with the city. All the important NPCs died. The bomb killed them. -_-

I don't mean in a 'what a cool explosion' kinda way, but a stupid 'the water gives 1 rad' kinda way. Since the nonvendor characters (including some named NPCs) wander around the bomb they occasionally step in the water. Stepping in the water gives them rad and as time accumulated I had a heap of corpses in the middle of the city around the bomb and the Church of Atom preacher floating in the water. All death by radiation caused by the bomb puddle.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
              Tenpenny Tower update:

I went back to check on how the ghouls were getting along with the smoothskins. I regret helping the ghouls get in. Roy killed all the smoothskins and dumped them in the basement. It made me feel so bad. Killing Roy made me feel a tiny bit better.
              Yeah, I suggest not doing this quest, or if you do just kill the Ghouls. When the Ghouls kill everyone they don't offer as much stuff to sell as having all the normal tenets.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed the minefield quest. The sniper in the building was driving me crazy, though. Through the first few minutes of exploring, I didn't know he was there, and had these damn mines exploding seemingly randomly all over, and getting knicked with health occasionally, but once I spotted him he was pretty easy to take down.

The mines themselves are pretty simple to disarm and grab. You just need to run up to them fast as hell with your cursor on them, and rapid-fire the E key. :)
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Here's a funny aside to the quest, "Those!" I picked the quest up by rescuing some kid running through the wasteland from a bunch of hunters chasing him. Don't read on if you haven't done this quest yet, although this isn't as much of a spoiler as it is just a weird happening.

The quest involves a certain town being overrun by a certain mutated creature. As you investigate this, you go down into the Merigold Metro station. In the station managers booth, you find this audio tape of a recently departed man directing you to a key, and then to a safe with a special item, which you're supposed to deliver somewhere.

I get to the safe, and what's inside? Naughty nightwear. Huh? Ok. I grab it, turn around to walk out, and a Raider-looking dude named Lug-Nut runs into the room as I'm on my way out, and I almost take his arm off with my assault rifle before realizing he's tagged friendly. Well, not so much, he demands I give him the "Naughty Nightwear!" Of course, I said no and he turned aggressive and I had to blast him, but did anyone else run into this? What the hell...

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                    I get to the safe, and what's inside? Naughty nightwear. Huh? Ok. I grab it, turn around to walk out, and a Raider-looking dude named Lug-Nut runs into the room as I'm on my way out, and I almost take his arm off with my assault rifle before realizing he's tagged friendly. Well, not so much, he demands I give him the "Naughty Nightwear!" Of course, I said no and he turned aggressive and I had to blast him, but did anyone else run into this? What the hell...
                    I just had that happen....I used the SPEECH option and he got scared and ran off!

Comment

I finished the main story today but i'll be going back to play through all the tons of content i skipped over. I had the time so i went through the story first in one shot. I will play this game like I did oblivion.. To death for years to come.

The main story line is pretty short and relatively easy to complete so don't worry about it taking to long. There a few good twists available but overall i was hoping for more in it. I really wanted to explore more into the next stage of life in the wasteland, kinda like when oblivion gates open up in tamriel in TES 4. I'll play through it again and experience the rest of the content.

- -

Comment

I've completed all of moira's surviving the wasteland quests. Somewhat amusing, got to go see interesting places and all that.

Played the main quest as far as the citadel, which I suggest people do if they're playing around with side quests alot. If for no other reason than it gives you the ability to wear power armor. Also has a Good Karma henchman available, the first I'd run into.

Canterbury Commons, which pegs on your map if you have a convo with any of the wandering trader caravans that parks outside most of the towns from time to time, has an amusing little quest line involving the AntAgonizer and the Mechanist. I solved the mechanist line of that quest and got a really silly looking helmet (that I'm still wearing), and also an amusing callback during one of the chapter 3 moira missions.

Trouble on the Homestead is the return to vault 101 mission. You'll randomly get a distress call radio station on a visit to Megaton, or near enough to V101 I suppose. I ended up killing the overseer....again.....which led to me leaving vault 101 forever. Tip: He won't listen to reason, and if you press him he attacks you, leaving you no real choice. There are atleast 2 other solutions to this quest (break the reactor forcing everybody to leave, and something involving a raid by the guards) that I'm interested in knowing how they pan out.

All in all there have been lots of cool little moments, but only a couple "Awesome!" moments so far for me. I'll definitely have to replay and nuke Megaton to see the pretty boom. Also want to see if the killer robot henchmen is as interesting as he sounds.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                          All in all there have been lots of cool little moments, but only a couple "Awesome!" moments so far for me. I'll definitely have to replay and nuke Megaton to see the pretty boom. Also want to see if the killer robot henchmen is as interesting as he sounds.
                          All of my "Awesome!" moments have come during non-quest related moments. Just to name a few:

- I survived a huge firefight against 5 Talon Company Mercs and a Robobrain I encountered near the Arlington Library. It was an amazingly difficult fight, but I survived and it was exhilarating.

- A Raider ran across a bridge toward me with a sawed-off, and while he was making his way toward me, another Raider was behind him with a hunting rifle trying to shoot me. Instead, she hi the Raider who was charging me, and his head suddenly popped as he was running toward me! Amazing.

- The first time I shot a grenade in the hand of a Raider and it got her and her friend was a jaw dropper for me.

- Anytime I run across BoS members or any other factions fighting. It can be very entertaining to sit back and watch the fireworks sometimes, especially if it's BoS fighting super mutants.

Comment

Two Words: Exploding Pants.
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                              Two Words: Exploding Pants.
                              I've been wondering about that, during my quick trips I see a stat for "Pants Exploded" and wondered what would cause that to happen :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X