Pirates of the Burning Sea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Burning Sea

I just purchased this game and was curious if anyone in TG was playing as well. If so, what server and are you part of some faction/group?

Also, I hope that some of the Irregulars are playing it! Tis seems to be the place fer me fellow scoundrels to be!
    |TG-Irr| Boxcar0715
    "It's really easy to forget what's important... so don't!"

Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea

Hows is the game?

I followed this game from about 2005 and I was in the beta.

The problem I had was that they tacked on avatar play at the very end of development to get funding and you could tell.

Has it gotten better? What are the server populations like? The economic model needed a fair number of players to make it good.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Well, after a week of playing this game, I like it a lot. You are right about the avatar play El - you can definately tell it was an add on. There hasn't been a time that I haev been on that the servers are not "Light" population. It is a cool game though and I am enjoying it rather much.

Peace
      |TG-Irr| Boxcar0715
      "It's really easy to forget what's important... so don't!"

Comment

Man that game was everything I was hoping for in a MMORPG.
        What's not to like? You got Pirates, trade, pillaging, burning, sieging, trade, pillaging, pirates, pyrotechnics, trade, pillaging, burning and well... Pirates!

HaveANiceDay, figuratively getting Booty since 1720!

Comment

Well, I played it for a couple of years. Brought 2 characters to level 50 twice. I no longer play the game. When I started there were 10 servers, population died down, then merged to 4 servers, then 2 of the 4 servers the population died. I found the population light at best. This game is fun if there are high population servers, but with low population servers, it gets boring. I found the economy a great idea, but with low populations, difficult to sustain and when you lose a ship, it is devastating. You have to work so hard to get or build a decent ship, then get ganked entering into a port with nobody around to help you.

I hope you have much better success than I did. I hope the population issue has improved. I really did give it a good run and really wanted this game to work but at the end, it was a monthly drain that I could use elsewhere. ( I actually use these $$$ to fund the TG 2142 server and receive better value for it)
          |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X