Guild Wars? Opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars? Opinions?

Hey Folks... With Steam dumping the Gulild Wars Trilogy for $49.99.. I was wondering what you thought of it... ? I don't see a separate forum for it so I assume its not that popular in TG... but at the Price Per month of $0.00 that's got to be a plus eh? Is this still alive or o it's last breath?

Thanks
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Guild Wars? Opinions?

While I haven't played Guild Wars for long time now (played up to Nightfall), I do think the game is still worth a lot. The skill system is fun to tinker with, and you'll spend hours modifying your build. It is also worth it just for the story, since you can play the game from start to finish solo. The in-game armors at artwork is a whole lot better compared to most modern mmos. Competitive PVP, while absolutely fun, is a little hard to get into. The community has some sort of elitism in accepting who gets to join the party and it will be hard for a Rank 1 beginner to rise through the ranks because of that.

Now I do not know the health of the game, I still think it has a decent player-base.
    - -

BF2142 IGN: |TG-21| Rivengard
    Atlantica Online IGN: Rivengard (Lvl 70, Gunner Class)

Comment

It's prepping for GW2. Eye of the North is the last expansion for GW1.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I just recently picked up a copy of Prophecies (first one) and have started playing it with some clanmates. It's pretty fun and sort of like WoW except there are only 20 levels/ranks instead of the 50 or so in WoW.

The world is set up a little differently. Each time you go outside of a city/town, you will only interact with your party and NPCs and won't run into other players in other parties (no spawn camping, etc to worry about). PvP mode is separate and ranks/levels for that are also separate.

It's got a fairly strong following (about 250k players worldwide). Right now GW is celebrating its 4th anniversary so there are games within the game (at cities/towns) for players to get together and have fun. There are also item pickups (like birthday cupcakes) which give you extra health, armor, and/or attack bonus for a limited amount of time.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Any ideas on when GW2 will be released? I didnt get GW1 but im hoping to get 2.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
          "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

|I wouldnt recommend guild wars. its a fantastic pvp game dont mark me wrong, but its very old. I played it back in 2006 or suming and it was at its peak then. Now it aint too good imo. Anyway best wait for a new Mmo.

Comment

I think this is an excellent game.

It has a very immense and diverse story line. (especially if you get all the campaigns, even though i only have prophecies and eye of the north), but the game is excellent and very well made. You'll want to finish the storyline so badly because its so well thought out i think. Also, there are hundreds of skills for each class. HUNDREDS. (well like 150 or 200. But i don't know how many for each campaign). I love this game and i'm sad i stopped playing it for a while. You can get a lot of teamwork going too if you meet up with the right guilds. I currently am in a guild and they help so much. I haven't played for like 3 months, but once i got back on a week ago, they automatically helped me, getting me to a bunch of towns and getting me good armor. They are such cool people, if you buy guild wars, i could hook u up with them. But even then, there are a lot of mature nice people. A lot better than world of warcraft. Something that happens a lot is when someone will run their party to a place, so like an assassin will use their speed skills, and they will run past all the monsters and get newer people to important towns. Usually you have to pay for that, but since the people on the game are so nice usually, you can always find someone running it for free for us cheapskates :D. But this is one of my favorite games. You can get so much teamwork done and the character skills and attribute systems are so in-deapth. Heck, you can even be 2 classes. You choose 2, so you are lets say a monk, a major healing class. Well if you want something like endure pain (a warrior skill that gives you a ton of extra health), you could me a Monk/Warrior. I'm a Warrior/Ranger. Wanna know why? Because of all the pets you can get. Its not a huge thing, but i really enjoy all the pets you can find. I was using a black bear, and one day when i was doing a quest, i saw a snow wolf, so i got that, later that day i saw a puma i wanted. Then i found a Mountain Eagle. Then right now i finally have my Polar Bear. But even then, last night i saw an albino rat and an iguana that i really wanted. Lol. But this game is great. So much too it, so much that can be done. And as i said, the community is 500% better than some games like World of Warcraft where they are usually kids who are rude and selfish and just go around calling people nubs/noobs because the kid has no life and is lvl 90 or w/e the level cap is now. I hope i'm not dragging on too long, i just had so much to say about a really fun game. After the presering, i was kinda disappointed on how it went to a ruins area. So it wasn't that pretty, but shortly after, i started moving north and west, and i went into the ice caps, deserts, underground (with zombies lol), a really pretty forest area thingy of a bobberer with a bunch of animals (ie lions/wolves/bears and what not) and even just last night, i discovered a really cool canopy forest where there were dinosaurs! I took out a t-rex and a bunch of raptors. Lol. But this is an amazing game, and if you like really ind-eapth RPGs, get this one i say. But I'm one person. But to get all campaigns (and does it have eye of the north? you want that one.) that is an amazing price. That right there, is years of gameplay. I have a friend who plays and she has been playing for 2 years, yet she has barely even finished one of the games, but she still has so much to do there. And even just the side quests you pick up are indeapth. Great game, get it. Hook me up on xfire if you wanna know more: Twiddilywink or steam (same id). Hope to see you on the game.

EDIT: So as you can see from that much typing, this game is really good. And if you are interested in the game, read the whole thing. I saw probably less than .01% of what is in the game. Its super fun. And its like an amazing single player game in a super teamwork focused multilayer game. Kinda. I think thats how i wanna say it.
              Last edited by twiddilywink; 05-10-2009, 12:07 PM. Reason: To say a summary thingy at the end

Comment

I have been thinking of reinstalling GW as I have the original, factions and nightfall. So with GW2 being in the works I might just go ahead and reinstall and get reacquainted with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                  I have been thinking of reinstalling GW as I have the original, factions and nightfall. So with GW2 being in the works I might just go ahead and reinstall and get reacquainted with the game.
                  Well also, i'm pretty sure (or atleast it is a very popular rumor) that some skills/armor can be brought over to the new guild wars once it comes out. I really hope it comes out in like this winter or spring of 2010. But ya, and anyways, GW is a fun game.

Comment

So we have a TG guildhall?

Comment

i do not believe so.

Comment

OK somethin I will be working towards I guess.. Since I can't really play most games at this time until I get my RMA'd card back.

Comment

Hey, so if your playing the game again, add me ingame. My name is Larry Gondola . Then message me when i'm on. I'm usually on around 5:30 or 6pm PST time. It would be fun to hook up with another TG member ingame lol.

Comment

Yes we can. The problem is coming up with the 2.1 platinum (2,100 gold) needed to form a guild, buy the guildhall, and design our cape.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hmmm... last time I checked I think I had that in my other profile...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X