Borderlands // play sessions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borderlands // play sessions

Lets use this thread to get people together to play.

To start us off I'll be online starting around 3pm CST till I pass out.(It's my friday)

Re: Borderlands // play sessions

Be sure to include your Steam Name

|TG| Damonte

Edit: And your GameSpy name.
    Last edited by Damonte; 10-27-2009, 01:25 PM.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Do we need steam name, it connects ingame using gamespy?

Comment

Use your gamespy name and then set up a 'friend' with that name in the game.

I'm AMosely.

Comment

westyfield5 is my Gamespy name.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

My gamespy name (I guess from setting up a new account through borderlands) is Volvo_13. I'll be going on later tonight probably 6-7pm EST.

If I start my own game it'll have TG in the title. Or I'll just look for TG in anyone elses title.

I'm a LVL 8 soldier right now, just killed nine-toes.

Comment

|TG|Xen is my gamespy Id.
              sigpic

Comment

I need to vent some frustration.
                To all the uber high level players out there...
                OK, I'm impressed with your prowess, your ability to wade through enemy like a shopping trip to Tesco or Walmart.
                Congratulations on reaching 50 so soon. Your parents must be very proud.
                I will never invite you to another game I host. I will also log out immediately the moment you log into a game I'm in.
                The fact that you have achieved such an advanced level so soon after game release is proof that you played as if it was a race to the finish. I doubt you read one quest log, or payed any attention to the plot. You probably never stopped at a vista for more then 2 frames to appreciate the scene.
                When you join a game you can't help but run ahead and decimate everything, including all the fun the lower level players might derive from tackling the mobs or even the boss. You set a pace that is nauseating; there is no chance to explore, let alone stop to breath with you around.
                So I say to you- Go find the other high level A.D.D. twits that are out there and play with them. I hope one of the loot drops you find is an epic dose of Ritalin.
                Rant Over.

Anybody that wants to play Borderlands in a mature, tactical, sense-of-wonder-at-exploring-an-alien-world kind of approach can pm me.
                Last edited by WarProphet; 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM.
                Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
                Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
                Nvidia GTX 285
                Creative Xfi pro gamer
                8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Comment

Game Spy Name: Aumen

I am having a good deal of fun with the game. I hear you Warprophet, remember you can kick players and also have in-game voice.

I know a couple of guys who have several characters so they can enjoy the game with other people at different levels, it is also a good way to try out the other characters.

Comment

Originally posted by WarProphet View Post
                    I need to vent some frustration.
                    To all the uber high level players out there...
                    OK, I'm impressed with your prowess, your ability to wade through enemy like a shopping trip to Tesco or Walmart.
                    Congratulations on reaching 50 so soon. Your parents must be very proud.
                    I will never invite you to another game I host. I will also log out immediately the moment you log into a game I'm in.
                    The fact that you have achieved such an advanced level so soon after game release is proof that you played as if it was a race to the finish. I doubt you read one quest log, or payed any attention to the plot. You probably never stopped at a vista for more then 2 frames to appreciate the scene.
                    When you join a game you can't help but run ahead and decimate everything, including all the fun the lower level players might derive from tackling the mobs or even the boss. You set a pace that is nauseating; there is no chance to explore, let alone stop to breath with you around.
                    So I say to you- Go find the other high level A.D.D. twits that are out there and play with them. I hope one of the loot drops you find is an epic dose of Ritalin.
                    Rant Over.

Anybody that wants to play Borderlands in a mature, tactical, sense-of-wonder-at-exploring-an-alien-world kind of approach can pm me.

Well itīs kind of expected behaviour.

Gearbox put ALL the responsibility about the game balancing into the hands of the players. Itīs your "duty" to look out for around equal level / equal storyline progress people to get the maximum enjoyment out of the game. The game is really brutal to level differences.... 2 levels to high and an area gets a cakewalk whereas 1 level too low gives a surpreme teamwork challenge for a team!

Dont play with level 50 people... seriously...they have finished the game twice and are usualyl only out for phat loots.

At this point I wanna give a shoutout to reaperassault for being my weekend orgy coop partner. We kept in around 2 bars of experience thru the whole story... and it was simply amazing. I rly cant imagine how much worse the game would be in random pickups with a mess of levels all over the place

Comment

Coop orgy while playing for almost 2.5 days straight with me and Lyra shotguns with 150% fire rates and acidic rocket launchers
                      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

|TG-6th|Ferris
                        Just got the game. probably going to try the solo stuff first.

Comment

GSA: NinjaPirateAssassin

I've got a few chars at various levels, and am always up for a game if I'm not playing with my dedicated group, tend to be on most nights.
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Wow.... don't play this game online unless you've got friends.

I had a group for a bit of same level characters on the same story line with mics. Now that was actually fun, hootin' and hollerin', laughin' as the high level monsters kill us, dueling each other for fun, trading weapons, using my soldier turret for the benefit of the team, drag racing in the cars..... until my PC froze....

Then it was pubbie land. So my 12th level character has about 20 open quests from all kinds of different stupid levels.... all the way up to level 25... stupid. Now the story line is completely ruined for me.

So I'm gonna start over from lvl 1 and try to find people to play with. I actually like to finish quests and the follow the story of game so I need to start over now... dangit.

Friend me on gamespy, or pm if you want to play this game TG style.

Comment

Volvo i had the exact same experience, now i have an account for single player (lvl 24 soldier :) ) and multiple accounts for online, mostly under level 10.

GSA: BlindGam3r

BTW those of you that have seen me on TG teamspeak for about 3 days straight that was only because it was half term, i wont be on anywhere near as much now

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                              "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X