Torchlight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchlight?

I came across a Diablo clone recently. The game is called Torchlight. I believe some devs from old Diablo games are on the team. Was wondering if anyone has played it. I am kind of looking for a Diabloesque fix before d3 comes out, is this worth getting?

Media
    Forum

Trailer from Pax 2009
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PD5HJvEUCU[/media]

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Torchlight?

Theres a free demo on steam.

Comment

Anyone who ever enjoyed Diablo in the slightest should already own this game. If you liked Diablo and don't own this game then I wish a slow and painful death on you. If you don't like Diablo, I wish a slow and painful death on you.

Comment

I think the best Diabloish clone I ever played was Throne of Darkness, by Click! Entertainment, made from the Diablo 1 devs that were sloughed off when Blizzard went to develop D2 and let go of a lot of people.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Torchlight isn't a Diablo clone, it is Diablo with cartoony graphics and minus co-op.

Comment

Thanks to the latest STEAM sale, I picked up this little gem for $10. At this price, its awesome. A peculiar side effect of playing it is the intense desire for Diablo III to come out sooner than the end of 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              Thanks to the latest STEAM sale, I picked up this little gem for $10. At this price, its awesome. A peculiar side effect of playing it is the intense desire for Diablo III to come out sooner than the end of 2010.
              Shame, because steam has it for $4.99 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                Shame, because steam has it for $4.99 right now.
                I just bought it yesterday... you gotta love those STEAM sales... still, at $9.99 it was well worth it. For $4.99, there are absolutely no excuses not to love this game.

Comment

they had it for $4.99 on two separate days, no less. I picked it up on the first and palyed through it some. Fun little game, but the character skill trees are really lacking, with only a small handful of actually useful skills per character, and despite three "trees" not really any variety that works.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X