Il2 fans get pumped!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Il2 fans get pumped!

Looks like the new Il2 ie Storm of War: Battle of Britain is taking shape, and soon!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
    sigpic

Re: Il2 fans get pumped!

oh my. I didn't know they renamed it to Cliffs of Dover. Hopefully it retains the same modability as IL2.
    My main wishes for this game over IL2 are:
    - better destruction physics so there are no more planes that explode leaving behind no debris
    - better damage physics with more detail
    - higher res textures out of the box and higher poly planes
    - better multiplayer out of the box so no need to wait for Hyperlobby 2.0 to get developed
    - those beautiful new dynamic shadows in the cockpit

Only 13 planes is kinda sad though considering how long this game's been in development.

Comment

I agree with your wishes wholeheartedly Kev.

13 planes makes me wonder if we'll have to buy the extras ala Rise of Flight.

|

Comment

I shall make it simple, no b-17 or lancaster no sale.

Comment

Didn't the original Il2 start off with only a few planes. Then Forgotten Battles. Then 1946 and mods and we now have 300 odd planes. Cliffs of Dover should be the same way!
          Also I see CoD on their forums and get it confused with Call of Duty lol!

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
            Didn't the original Il2 start off with only a few planes. Then Forgotten Battles. Then 1946 and mods and we now have 300 odd planes. Cliffs of Dover should be the same way!
            Also I see CoD on their forums and get it confused with Call of Duty lol!
            Yes the original IL2 started with only 31 flyable aircraft and 1946 was released in 2006/7 so seeing as they had 5 years since their last large update you would think they could do a few more.

Comment

This game was slated for March release but after seeing some of the videos that Oleg posted on youtube that have no sound etc I get the feeling that it may be pushed back. Here's to hoping it doesn't, though.

Comment

Huzzah! Game is available for Pre-Order on Steam. $50 unfortunately. April 19th 2011 release. Pre-order on steam nets you a copy of Silent Hunter 3 if you're interested in sub simulators (seems kinda boring but I'll probably give it a shot)

Comment

The Collector's Edition is pretty cool!
                  50*50cm pilot's cloth escape map of Britain, replica of Spitfire pilot notes.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

US release has been delayed from "late march" to Apr 19th, to May 25th, to July 19th. It's like the rapture only less predictable...

Comment

PC Gamer gave Cliffs of Dover a pretty dismal score. Said it was a performance hog of epic proportions.

Comment

Yeah, when it came out general consensus was that it was buggy and largely unoptimised. I think I'll be giving this one a miss.
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Hmm sounds like a pity. I've been keeping an eye on this for a long time. THey don't seem to have brought many gameplay innovations. e.g. I would have sort of expected at least some new multiplayer functionalities or modes. I haven't found much of this in the notes.

The graphics seem a little improved, but honestly the difference is not really that great imo.

THen when I read about buggyness... I'll pass for the next version, which will probably come quite soon. 30 Planes is very little too, but if they are easily moddable you can maybe port all the modded planes from the old version ?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X