next version info...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next version info...

I know this may start a heated debate, but not meant too... just expressing my opinion... I love Lock On and the Flaming Cliff add-on... more then I like Falcon 4 Allied Forces, (yes, I agree... a dynamic campaign like F4AF is greatly needed)... but... am disappointed at the lack of flyers for lock on compared to F4AF, (F4 is just to damn complicated IMO)...

But anyway... here's some info on the next add-on for Lock On, as copy/pasted from UbiSoft forums...

From the Ubisoft Forum:

Lock On: Black Shark

Here is the following portion of information, Text from the advertising leaf: "game" Lock- On: Black shark "continues a series of the game- aviation simulators, developed on basis" Lock- On: Contemporary combat aviation ".

In contrast to the predecessors, in the new game it is proposed to govern not only aircraft, but also the newest domestic combat helicopter - KA -50.

As became traditional for the games of series LockOn, the simulation of the new object of control, helicopter KA -50, is executed with the degree of realism unprecedented for the computer games.

Here, first of all, it involves: detailed 3D model, aerodynamics of flight, physical model and the model of destruction. One of the main innovations of the game is the detailed clickable 3D model of the KA -50's cockpit, with complete support of the system of remote camera control TrackIR 3 pro.

Interesting innovations appeared also in the simulation of navigation system, and also system of control of armament.
    In addition to the existing in "LockOn: Hot cliffs " system Of shkval/Vikhr', is in detail modeled onboard radio-technical integrated system" Abriz ", with the navigation cartographic system.
    Among the innovations in the simulation of avionics is also the system of night vision OVN-Y "Skosok".

Significant attention is given to the dynamics of the missile flight and AI aircraft. The characteristics of the AI aircraft are completely brought into correspondence with the player-controlled aircraft, which makes the simulation of air battle even more realistic.

The combat theater, represented by the coast of the Crimea and Caucasus, underwent further improvements, the set of new military targets appeared.

Play aspect, besides control of aircraft and helicopter, is represented by the large number of missions and campaigns, accompanied by the impressive videotapes.

Game "LockOn: Black shark ", works independently, but also includes the possibility of working with the game LockOn: Hot cliffs, and is its further development.

Thus, the most essential innovations: the unprecedented for the computer games realism of the simulation of the Russian combat helicopter KA -50, equipped with the unique complex of anti-tank weapon "shkval"/"Vikhr'" and with another high-precision weapon of class "air-surface". the improved dynamics of the AI aircraft, bombs and missiles, fully clickable 3D cockpit with support for TrackIR 3 Pro onboard radio-technical, integrated system "kabriz" and the system of the night vision of 0VN-"Skosok". the collection of missions and a large scale military campaign for the pilots of the KA-50. the detailed course of the interactive instruction of the combat employment of a helicopter KA -50, equipped with the vocal tracking of instructor pilot the set of the new military targets: block signal posts, military storages, the fastened points, and so forth the gripping videotapes, developed on the basis the graphic engine of game. The output of game is planned on March 2006."
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: next version info...

I like LOMAC too, but for multiplayer, it's just no comparison to F4AF. The dynamic campaign is the bomb. If LO:BS comes up with something similar, I bet we'd get a good amount of interest in it.
    [volun]

Comment

Just saw Lock-On GOLD editon over at Best Buy. Don't know what the difference was between that and the rest.

Comment

gold has the patched LO, and then the Flaming Cliff add-on on a separate disk.

I bought it even after buying the first LO and buying the download version of Flaming Cliff... just so I could have a "hard copy" of it.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
          gold has the patched LO, and then the Flaming Cliff add-on on a separate disk.

I bought it even after buying the first LO and buying the download version of Flaming Cliff... just so I could have a "hard copy" of it.
          Man, way too many games, too little time.

Comment

Hey magnum I have flaming cliffs too. Wanna fly sometime? I really want to try out the new frogfoot amongst other things. I do like lock on but as said above, No DC and it has a very short life span but it is great to fly.

Let's get together and play sometime. I'm rusty so you'll have to remind me of a few things.

Also remember that http://www.fighterops.com/ is still in production. Imagine lock on and F4 combined and I think you have this. If this gets finished and turns out as good as it's looking to, expect it to appearing here at TG.
            Jex.

Comment

Ya, I've been watching Fighter Ops...

I know that F4AF is probably the better sim... but it is still very difficult and very time consuming... which now-a-days, I have little of...

Thats probably why I love flying Lock On more then Falcon 4.... with Lock On, I can get into a instant mission either online or off and complete it in about 30 minutes, compared to a couple of hours to get the most out of F4AF...

on the same note...

Thats why I also love SWAT 4 more then BF2... in BF2 you have to have an hour or two to complete a mission or begin working as a team... with SWAT 4, I can connect either SP or MP, and complete a co-op mission in 15 to 30... very nice for us time constrained gamers. IMO.

I'll be happy to fly either with you... I mostly fly the American Planes but have flown the Russian as well.... I'm really looking forward to this next add-on... hasn't been a good combat helo sim since Longbow 2 (still my all time favorite game)... yes, Enemy Engaged series is good but still not LB2. (I still have both lol)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X