Joystick choice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick choice?

OK, I'm considering making the IL2 plunge.

What joystick is "best"?

Two have caught my eye...
    1. the Saitek X45 joystick/throttle combo
    2. the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Are there others to be considered?
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

I recently purchased the latter one Beep, and I've very happy with it. The one I was using before was stikiy--didn't even have rudder control, and it made flying almost impossible. I've not seen the Saitek, but I'll definitely vouch for the Logitech ;) . See you in the skies Beep Beep! :D

Oh, and btw, I know some use the force feedback joysticks, and seem to be quite happy with them. Might want to look into that a bit as well--I saw them at the store and they weren't all that bad in terms of price.

Comment

Thrustmaster Cougar -- but it's the real deal so be preapre for the price. I love mine.

I also have a MS SideWinder as a backup.
      sigpic
      I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

got the X45, hate it...

brought my dad a saitek cyborg evo (been a cyborg fan since day one) and i love it.....i might replace my 80 stick with the 30 one :D :(
        From Adam Webb

Comment

the logitech extreme 3d pro is the way to go for a very high quality stick for a very low price. I bought it for about 30 dollars, and I am VERY happy with it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Comment

I'm using the Logintech, even though the Saitek had a rebate and a two year warranty. The reason was the 12 programable buttons and the "feel" of the switches on the handle.
            sigpic

Comment

I have the latter... however I dont have this game yet... May have to look into getting it....

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
                I have the latter... however I dont have this game yet... May have to look into getting it....
                I got it for $16 at Amazon.com...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

OK...thanks to all for the ideas. I just picked up the Logitech 3d Pro...feedback here was positive AND it just felt solid at the store. IL-2 FB should be arriving via postman in a coupla days, so I'll see around the water cooler/airfield/briefing room/skies
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Be sure to read the tutorial on the Profiler software.
                    There is a way to lock the customized settings by going into the Options tab. Some who don't know about this have had their controls re-calibrate during gameplay.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Opus
                      I recently purchased the latter one Beep, and I've very happy with it. The one I was using before was stikiy--didn't even have rudder control, and it made flying almost impossible. I've not seen the Saitek, but I'll definitely vouch for the Logitech ;) . See you in the skies Beep Beep! :D

Oh, and btw, I know some use the force feedback joysticks, and seem to be quite happy with them. Might want to look into that a bit as well--I saw them at the store and they weren't all that bad in terms of price.
                      I use a combination. I've got half the X45 setup (the thruster) in my left hand, and a MS FFB2 stick in my right. I don't know how I ever lived without FFB for so ling - almost makes it a blessing that my X45 stick croaked out on me.

Next step is to get the eDimensional 3D glasses and TrackIR headtracking unit - that oughta make it a really sweet setup!

Check it out:

http://www.edimensional.com/products/edglasses.htm

- NippleCorn aka "Kremulus"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse