Auto racers here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto racers here?

Just wondering if there are any racing sim fans here. I picked up GTR: FIA GT Racing a couple months ago. Despite *loving* it (amazing to play when hooked up with a sleek wheel/pedal combo) I really haven't had enough time to sink my teeth into it (too many competing gaming goings-on :row__640: ).

If anyone has this game, or is looking for a new racer to try out online (I've only ever raced against AI), I'd enjoy giving it a whirl.

Also, coming in early '06 is the follow-up title from the same developer. It's GT Legends, and covers a wide range of classic racers from the '60s and 70's. The demo is incredible... even better than the GTR I mentioned first. Personally I can't wait for the new release as the classic cars from Europe and America from that period are so raw and give such a visceral experience.

Post here if you're interested. :icon14: :row__685:

Re: Auto racers here?

I'm definitely interested. I only have NASCAR 2004 right now, but I'm not opposed to picking up a new game! :-)
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The last racing sim I bought was the last Papyrus Nascar. I have been looking at picking up that game. What wheel/pedal combo do you have? I need to get one.

Comment

yah i have a wheel/peddles....but i race like i play FPS's...if you are in my way ill pit your ass....bumpin is racin i always say...if we get one here ill probably it..and play
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
          yah i have a wheel/peddles....but i race like i play FPS's...if you are in my way ill pit your ass....bumpin is racin i always say...if we get one here ill probably it..and play
          LOL.. I take it you've never really played NASCAR 2004 then. You'd end up out of the game in no time and what time you DID spend in the game would be under a yellow flag. Remind me not to get you on MY team. :-)

Comment

Wow! That's some unexpected response! Great to see there's some interest, and from familar faces as well! Cool!

GTR is the first racing sim I've bought in... well... since I can remember. Probably since the very early 90's, and that was dreadfully disappointing (for obvious tech limit reasons). I've skipped the NASCAR games, despite their well reviewed realism, because I loath circle-track racing. I'm a road course man , and always will be (living less than an hour away from Watkins Glen will do that ;) ). If I can tempt folks to try the demo and perhaps pick up the full game, I bet we could have some great fun. GTR has realism settings, from arcade (training wheels included)all the way up to full simulation professional (utterly unforgiving of even the slightest mistake). I haven't tinkered with the garage area where you can tweak all sorts of settings, but I bet it opens the game up in really interesting ways.

My wheel combo is Logitech's MOMO Racing Force Feedback. Can't say enough good things about it. I love the paddle shifter!

Comment

I've played alot of Grand Turismo in my day, best sim out there IMO. I may check this one out.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                I've played alot of Grand Turismo in my day, best sim out there IMO. I may check this one out.
                Grand Turismo is a sim? :-) I never took it that seriously, seemed more like an arcade-style racing game to me.

Comment

Aw your kidding me right? The most realistic physics i've seen for a racing game.

Maybe you didn't play simulation mode with sim tires?

- -

Comment

yah i think GT is by far the best, but Gotham Racing is gettng up there....
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Try the demos for GTR: FIA Racing and GT Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee
                        Try the demos for GTR: FIA Racing and GT Legends.
                        I will have to do that this week.

Comment

i hear GTA is a great raceing game.....alot of action there...maybe we could get a TG server up of that
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                            Aw your kidding me right? The most realistic physics i've seen for a racing game.

Maybe you didn't play simulation mode with sim tires?
                            Oh, I certainly have. I just didn't think it held a candle to NASCAR 2003/2004.

Comment

I have and play on occasion, NASCAR SimRacing and NASCAR Racing 2003 Season... so with the right racing game and the right interest, I would also join in the fun....

I just don't bother until something is popular enough, got too many games in the closet as is that I don't play. ;)
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X