new Steel Beasts Pro PE video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Steel Beasts Pro PE video...

from Alpha Sierra, one of the beta testers for the upcoming sim...

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/sand_storm.zip
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: new Steel Beasts Pro PE video...

New tank sim Mag?
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

well it's a sim alright... but for the hardcore...

It's the same one the Army uses for it's training, but a "Personal Edition"...

Which means that it simulates armor warfare well and very detailed, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a computer game... and it cost 125 bucks when it finally is released in a month or so... so it's really for the hardcore simmer... it's purpose is for soldiers who are tankers to practice and learn at home on there own PC...

there will be a commercial release of the sim called "Steel Beasts 2" near the end of 2006. which will be regular game priced.

www.esims.com
      www.stealbeasts.com
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I saw the demo and was not very impressed but I guess they are not looking for a pretty game.

I remember I did a google search once for tank sims and I downloaded a demo that was from a Russian company who was developing it. Everything though was in Russian, key commands, movement controls, etc. It was awesome though, so detailed it would make you sick, physics, movement, everything was paintstakingly recreated.
        "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Your probably talking about T72: Balkans on Fire, which is out now, and since the patch alot better of a game, but nothing near perfect.... you can get it online at www.battlefront.com

You probably saw Steel Beast 1 (which was released about 3 or 4 yrs ago), it wasn't pretty but an incredible hardcore following...

Steel Beasts Professional (personal edition) is the latest, and due out in/around Jan... only for the real tanker who wants to learn and practice on his own, or the hardcorest of armor sim fans...

4 new video clips in this pack... remember this game is a TRUE simulation, not a computer game.

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/...PE%20clips.zip
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

^^^I like. Is it coming out in retail channels?
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I can't WAIT for this "game!" Looks like lots of fun :P

Comment

I hope you guys are understanding me... SB Pro PE, which comes out any day now is NOT a computer game... it is a true simulation of tank warfare... it is the same computer program you see real world tankers using in there simulators on army bases... as seen on the military channel... but this PE (personal edition) is made and released for tankers to buy a copy (125 US bucks) and train at home on there personal PC.

There won't be a hugh following for this simulation in the "gaming community", because of it's complexity, price, and purpose. again, this is NOT a PC game that you might be thinking of.

NOW... saying that... it does have 8 player MP (co-op) each controlling there own tank in a tank platoon, it does PLAY like a computer game, you get the complete editor tools to make any missions you want. and it will be supported for years to come with free add-ons and updates, improving it constantly.

in other news: There will be a Steel Beasts 2, computer game release of this simulation in 2007... it will be dumbed down, have pretty graphics, all the bells and whistles, and be a fun armor combat GAME.

and finally: If you do decided to throw away 125 bucks on this simulation, there will be a small following, but there will be enough of a following over at SimHQ (www.simhq.com), including myself, to have a few co-op games once it's learned... most of us will be using my personal teamspeak server to play together at www.magnumland.com and for the few diegards who get it they will be cranking out real good missions and mods for it, like they did with SB1.

that is all, enjoy your day. ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Oh, I know it's not a game in any sense. I'm getting both (PE and the game when that comes out)
                  Though, with the PE version.. I might not have to pay that much to try it if you know what I mean. I won't even get into that, though.

Comment

and 2 more just released...

http://www.steelbeasts.com/
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Looks sweet.............can't wait
                      "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Another great video released... hellfire pass... 15 MINUTES LONG! lol

I had to wait and get another cup of coffee before viewing... but great video, well worth it.

If your still thinking about getting SB Pro PE... this video pretty much shows you what is in the sim including the AAR features. (I assume, maybe theres more, lol)

http://www.steelbeasts.com/
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X