Cockpit or Freeview?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit or Freeview?

I started my IL2 days with the cockpit always on. Yesterday I learned that I'm practically, if not the only one to do so. Call me old fashioned but I like the limitations of sight and being able to see the dials and all.

So what do you prefer?
    AutoBalance ON
    0%
    AutoBalance OFF
    0%
    Yes, they add a tactical advantage to the game.
    0%
    No, I don't use them.
    0%
    Leave it at "1", if they do it enough they'll get kicked.
    0%
    "2" is good, that's twice as long as good players have to wait.
    0%
    "3" is a decent punishment...
    0%
    Let's set it higher. They may not have enough time to TK anyone else, but it'll keep 'em out of the game.
    0%
    I miss ya man!
    0%
    Bah who cares about sniper :P
    0%
    COME BACK! I MISS YOU!!!!
    0%
    Come back so i can get kills off you :P
    0%
    I agree with these guidlines
    0%
    I disagree with these guidelines and here's why
    0%
    I could care less
    0%
    I have four nipples
    0%
    Yes I always have the cockpit on - my name is Max Immelmann
    0%
    No. The cockpit off gives back that situational awareness you loose from a 2d screen.
    0%
    Jex.

Cockpit off all the way. I can't see for @#$% with the cockpit on.

Comment

Same with Miko. I'm too crappy of a pilot to have another thing to worry about. The only instruments I understand or care to look at are airspeed and altitude. I'd fly from the outside if I had crosshairs!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah Jex, exactly as your second choice in the poll states, it is a major drawback using the cockpit view in a 2D view, you simply don't have the "feel" you would if you were actually sitting in one due to graphics limitations. I know what you're saying regarding realism, unfortunately we are forced to deal with what a computer allows us to see, and it does not (imho) translate the proper view realistically enough.

Comment

WELL actually guys i would say that for beginners it is handy to have the option. however at TG with a strive for realism weshould really work towards turning that option off.. yes thats right you can eliminate the choice of in or out.

i personally always have the cockpit on unless i am just playing around doing stunts.. which poinbt the flyby is nice... but in a combat situation i play a simulator to simulate real condtitions and i have cockpit always on...

for now leave it to choice but guys try to use the cockpit view more and more as you progress through the game and start gaining more skills.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Ok Dudeman I hear what you are saying but not everyone likes the same thing you do . I for one use cockpit view for every thing except for shooting at someone and getting a fix on AAA. And thoughs grassy air fields.. This is America and we like options thank you very much ! ! P.S. can we have unlimited ammo too ! :) Plz brothers reply

Comment

I always have cockpit on unless I'm gonna get really low to the ground which last night bit me in the a$$ and toke my tail off

Comment

I fly VEF with another sqdrn, and the pit is always on. VEF is full real except for the speedbar. One thing about full real is that you rely on help from others in order to survive. Frank Luke types don't last long flying solo there. But, full real should really, imho, be called full difficulty. You can't see much from the pit, perhaps less than the real combat pilots could. Also you have to be able to navigate using the map, and looking at ground features outside. You need Comms; no time for chat-typing. Tactics are necessary in order to place your team in the most favorable position. It's interesting to hear the pilots report situations;very immersive.
                Having said that, I think the poll should have another selection: "I fly in either mode at times". That's because sometimes I fly in less restrictive rooms to take a break from "full difficulty". There does not seem to be the teamwork in lesser rooms, but it's a nice diversion.
                Flyby out

Comment

99th_flyby...

my thoughts exactly...

when we get the server for il2 up and running again.. we will be looking into whether some of those options should be turned off or not...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I like options :)

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                      99th_flyby...

my thoughts exactly...

when we get the server for il2 up and running again.. we will be looking into whether some of those options should be turned off or not...
                      The server is running...Its just not in co-op mode.
                      I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                      --Douglas Adams

Comment

is it on dogfight?

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

geee i guess when he says it's running just not in coop mode would mean it's in dogfight mode.....just a quess

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X