Need your advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your advice

Hi there. I want to get back into Flight combat sims, but I am long removed from the scene. The last one i was heavy into was IAF, and then somewhat into Jane's USAF. From my research (reading of reviews on random game sites and simhq.com) the best two out there are F4:AF and Lock-On. Could anyone please pitch in on the plusses and minuses of each one, and help me out a bit? I have loved Tactical Gamer (playing Bf2 here) and am dying to play a flight sim with all of you. Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Re: Need your advice

F4AF:

Good: Great gameplay, dynamic campaign, heavy following, we support it here at TG.

Bad: Hard to learn, not as pretty as the "other sim"

LO Gold:

Good: Beautiful sim, great graphics, great effects, great mission editor, more then one plane... the A10 and F15 are sweet, but the Russian planes have the advantage (due to a Russian developer)

Bad: No dynamic campaign, monster machine needed to play at full, has good multiplayer but few seem to fly multiplayer, not supported here at TG with a dedicated server.

All IMO
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

i have lock on and IL-2...Check Hyperlobby for Servers for Lock on and youll find enough for your pleasing! Id go for Lock on mate!

Cheers,
      Flip

Comment

I would only go for the LO GOLD one now, the FC add on just adds way to much cool stuff and improvements, even if you don't plan on flying the new T plane.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X