If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Crimean Shield is now finished and ready to play. This follows on directly from Defensive Strike. This is an F15C missions and I have also made a training missions to play prior to the actual one so we can get familiar with the F15.
Awesome Jex... I have completed 2 more missions myself... I am at work today and tomorrow and haven't had time to get in earlier. Unfortunately the station I'm working at tomorrow doesn't have the game or TS so I won't see ya tomorrow, but I will check the forums. I will be home on Saturday, so lets all try to allow some time to give our new missions a go! Chek6... Fanatik
I actually suck at the cannon shots. I only hit the plane a bit and Riyker got the kill. It's too bad he ran out of fuel on the way home. :D The missiles are so easy to use and is probably the primary way of engaging targets. It seems like the tactic is to engage at long range before the enemy spots you.
Shooting down planes doesn't seem so bad now with a bit of practice. Of course my targets were stupidly flying in a circle but I feel it's an accomplishment! I was far too impatient before trying to shoot 0.5 miles from the target and making quick adjustments to aim. Now I take my time to get in close at 0.2 miles and make gradual adjustments to my aim. Taking out land targets is a bit harder for me now. I'm pretty shaky on those strafing runs.
I still have to try out the mid-air refueling. Somebody always seems to crash into the KC-10 before it's my turn. :D
LOL! - If you're around today sarc we'll go over one if you like.
Some tips for mid air refueling that I use.
1) Set your height slightly lower than the KC. Use height hold.
2) the KC is travelling at 269-270kts.
3) Make your approach speed 350kts at 1.0nm.
4) At .05nm reduce to 300kts (just ease off throttle, don't use airbrake unless you have to)
5) when your airspeed has dropped to 280kts, press J for speed hold - this should slowly bring you in towards the KC.
6) With speed hold on, drop the throttle to idle.. As you get closer take speed hold off and drop speed to 271-271-kts - press J again at this point.
7) you should now be coming in nice and slow towards the tanker. You may need to take height hold off (H). What you want is to be so close that it looks as though you could almost reach out and touch the underside of the KC.
8) you may need to take off speed hold to drop speed to 270kts. Once active again, increase the throttle to 70% (on the throttle stick, not the actual cockpit reading).
9) a combination of slow manoevers should get you in postion for the boom to drop. Once done your AC will be set on J and H and refeulling will begin.