X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MS Flight Sim (FSX)

See the preview and screen here:

http://pc.boomtown.net/en_uk/article...w.php?id=10220

Looks very, very impressive. But the most important addition will be objective based flights for me.

Re: New MS Flight Sim (FSX)

don't you mean http://fsgateway.com? :)

Comment

Flight sims are an addiction, don't get me into another one! Then again, I am about 5 or so flight hours away from my pilot's license (in RL) so they might have paid off :)

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Pretty, but I prefer X-plane (http://www.x-plane.com/)
        |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Did anyone else see the late February release date for this in PCGamer magazine? I can't verify it anywhere else only finding Q4 info.
          sigpic

Comment

Gaming Excellence Q&A with Hal Bryan

...and dramatically improved worldwide scenery including a new emphasis on “living” elements – moving traffic on the roadways, ships in shipping lanes, support vehicles moving around airports, even birds and animals. The online experience has been completely redone, with the addition of new roles including air traffic controller and co-pilot. In addition, we’ve introduced a series of missions, ranging from basic entry-level tutorials for new users who just want to get in the air quickly, up through racing challenges, emergency scenarios, and advanced “full procedure” airline flights with a virtual copilot.
            In this version, we’ve dramatically increased the density and the variety of the AutoGen objects we use to fill in the gaps around the world. In addition, our vector data (roads, rivers, coastlines) is of much greater detail in FSX – I think our customers will be pleasantly surprised at the richness and variety of the scenery worldwide.
            There are Missions involving flour bombing, racing, taking scenic tours, dealing with emergencies, startling sheep, flying airline schedules, etc. We used to joke that the inclusion of Missions would allow us to change our tagline to something like “Flight Simulator – Now With Something to Do”,

Comment

Man if you wanna talk about Flight simmers bonehead is your man. He has put alot of work into his sites and products he has. Both of his sites are well done and alot of great tips on them. Ive lookd both over awhile ago. Hes a kid in candy store when it comes to those things.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                Man if you wanna talk about Flight simmers bonehead is your man. He has put alot of work into his sites and products he has. Both of his sites are well done and alot of great tips on them. Ive lookd both over awhile ago. Hes a kid in candy store when it comes to those things.
                Right, he is the flight sim man ;) His sites are in my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                  LOL!
                  Thanks guys........BTW can't say much about it anymore, as the NDA is now in place.
                  Looking forward to Christmas! ::cough cough::
                  :D

BTW - What are some of the other projects / websites you are active in?
                  sigpic

Comment

I used to play Flight Simulator 5 (yes, 5) back in the day. I'd love to get back into it, but the serious flight sim games are pretty intimidiating to the uninitiated, which I consider myself to be now. I need to get a proper joystick and maybe I'll think about picking up FS9 or Falcon4.
                    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Chuck “PFunk” Bellows (SimHQ) is reporting from International Flightsim Convention Denver 2006.

Microsoft FSX Beta Demo

The first version out will be a DirectX9 title it seems and once the DirectX10 hardware becomes more commercially available, a free patch will be distributed for the end user to all the goodness that this new API promises. DirectX10 will not be backwards-compatible with previous versions of DirectX. Legacy support was cut in order to gain the detail and realism that they wanted out of it. DirectX10 will also be Vista-only and using it in conjunction with FSX is going to push your rig to the very limit.
                      There will be two different versions of FSX released, Deluxe and Standard, with a $20 difference in price between the two. Details on what would be offered in each weren’t completely finalized, but users could definitely expect a lot more content for the Deluxe version
                      Enhanced roads and rivers have been brought in from Streets and Trips. You can actually do IFR (I Follow Roads) flying now and you’ll even see motor traffic on the streets and highways, including vehicle headlights. Zoo Tycoon contributed to the effort by lending the team the animals it would need. You’ll see herds of animals and they will follow migration patterns. They have also mapped over 6,000 stars so it’s now possible to fly by using the position of celestial bodies in the night sky. Expect about a 14GB footprint on your hard drive for all this goodness
                      If we crank up all these details, what happens to the frame rate? Bryan was honest. “It’ll choke it right down,” he admitted. FSX is designed to push your hardware to the very limit. “FSX is pretty much a benchmark platform,” Schnepf explains, “Back when the very first Flight Simulator was released, it was used to test a computer. If you had the hardware to run it, your machine was classified as a PC. FSX will be played on a new class of computers.”

Comment

Nice find, I concurr...All I can say without getting in trouble.
                        We have to invent a way of letting you talk without putting you in trouble Bonehead ;)

Comment

E3 Press Kit

In addition to the screenshots we handed out, we showed and then made available a “trailer” video, focused primarily on some of the missions content we were announcing.

Comment

Looks like it's going to be heavy on the multiplayer, which I think is fantastic, some REALLY cool things there.
                            That's great Bonehead. I read somewhere that you can play with your buddy (co-pilot) in the same cockpit.

Comment

I'd like to know more about ATC and how that is going to work in Multiplayer.

In a way.. this will be a kinda strange MMO?

But I am already.. WAY to excited about this title.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X