No announcement yet.

Steel Beasts Pro PE detailed review...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Beasts Pro PE detailed review...

My good friend, Skybird, has done a complete and detailed review of Steel Beasts Pro Personal Edition. This review is aimed on the people who still are on the fence about forking over 125 bucks for a "computer game". It answers alot of questions.

SimHQ's review is being completed by a special reviewer with many many years as a real world tanker. So in that review, we will find out just how "realistic" this true simulation is.

Please remember: SB Pro PE is not a computer game but a true, working simulation of armor combat.

http://www.tanksim.com/reviews/steel_beasts_pro.htm
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Steel Beasts Pro PE detailed review...

Hello Magnum50,

I already read the artikel by Skybird and found it very informing. While reading it, I became absulutely convinced that this Simulation is a must buy for me. As I found out, it is the only review available, and its damn good.

As I write this, my computer is a Duron 800. Due to its limited speed I will have to wait a little until I can enjoy that simulation. Here in germany we have a saying: "Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude". That means: actually awaiting something gives you more pleasure than doing it. At least it does comfort me until I decided to spend 800 $ for the new board and the new processor plus the game.

By the way: this is my first message at this board. I am really pleased being part of it.

Noisecontrol

Comment

Well welcome all the way from Berlin...

Alot of Germans love SB mainly because of the fabulous "Leo", and the German modeled terrain. (I spent 6 plus years over their myself.)

So if you like armor combat you will love SB Pro. I got a number of screenshots at my Personal web page www.magnumland.com feel free to visit.

Welcome to TG, a great bunch of tactical playing guys (and a few girls), unfortunately not to many are into sims but you can find good tactical shooter partners here at least.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

You are right. There are not too much people into hardcore landwarfare. I once made a new friend at the university (that was 2004).

We also talked about computergames. He was very into Battlefield II. I told him about M1TP2, which I was playing since 2000. At the time we met I could not count the hours I was playing M1TP2 It must have been 2000 h. I was playing it over and over again. For me it was and still is (due to my limited calculation power) the Tank sim, which I find best.

I told him a story about an unforgettable battle I once fought in M1TP2. He was very eager to play the game. 6 days later he complained, that the game was mostly a drive around. I was a little shocked, but understood his point of view. As far as I know, very few people today have the ability to immerse in a game. Instant action is wanted.

Your Screenshots I already saw yesterday. They made me even more nuts about SBE Pro PE.

Noisecontrol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X