• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete IL2 series coming DVD...

FYI...

copy/paste from www.worthplaying.com:

'IL-2 Sturmovik Series: Complete Edition' Announced
    Posted on Tuesday, March 14 @ 10:12:42 PST
    Today Ubisoft announced that its IL-2 combat flight simulator series is now merged into one DVD including: Il-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, the Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, and all the intermediary add-ons.

This epic collection of WWII air combat spans the entire globe, from the sands of Iwo Jima to the snow-covered steppes of Russia. Fly in more than 200 life-like aircrafts over the Ardennes, Guadalcanal, D-Day beaches, or over Stalingrad: the possibilities are endless!

Key Features:

Join any Air Force: British, Russian, American, German and more
    A dynamic campaign system creating endless varieties of missions in dozens of campaign scenarios.
    42 meticulously modeled maps: Fly over the Reichstag and the Hermitage, Midway and Crimea, Pearl Harbor and Murmansk.
    Free servers all over the world offering exhilarating multiplayer experience: up to 128 players on 29 online maps.
    IL 2 SturmovikTM Series: Complete Edition, rated "12+" for PEGI, is scheduled on PC on March 31st for a retail price of 19.99.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Complete IL2 series coming DVD...

Nice. Another game I cannot find time for!

Comment

Awesome! All those years of not buying the game because I'm stingy and lazy have finally paid off! I'll finally be able to experience a real flight sim for the first time since like, Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Comment

I know what ya mean brother...

I've had the IL2 series since first released, and every single add-on known and still haven't played for more then 20 hours total, probable only 2 hours since PF was released...

(and ironically, will get the DVD version just to have it all on one disk and give the CD versions away, lol...terrible.)

Also have Lock On w/ the Flaming Cliff and F4AF... haven't played a flight sim for more then an hour total since become the land and armor editor at SimHQ. Just not enough time.

Have the complete set of NWN since release, never finished one single player story, and maybe 5 hours total on it... have guild wars, maybe 2 hours, heck I even have games I bought, installed booted once or twice and haven't returned to (NASCAR SimRacing, Dangerous Waters, and SH3)... even have 1 game.. The Regiment, still sitting in the closet un-opened, (released about a month ago)...

Just not enough time damn it, not enough time.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

oooh, could this mean a resurgence of IL2 here at TG?

For those that haven't played it yet it is flight sim, but it's easy to get started and fly around. It's nowhere near as complicated as a modern sim like Falcon for example. It's a lot of fun to hear the roar of those engines and just fly rather than worrying about radar and instruments, etc. It does require some practice to get good at dogfighting however, because the flight models are very realistic. You'll find yourself stalling out alot if you're used to flying jets ;)

And the game is beautiful even on mid level pcs. Very well done. I think I need a fix!
          New to TG?

Comment

I played IL 2 When it first came out. Strictly single player and never found a good outlet for mp. (this was way before I found TG). I've been thinking about Falcon 4 but I'm into the whole WWII Aviation thing. I'd fly mp missions on a tg server.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70
              I'd fly mp missions on a tg server.
              Especially something like:

Malakai (Blue's News comments section about IL-2 Package news)

I remember making a serious level for this once. It was a convoy that needed to be destroyed by german he-111's and Stukkas. Man 6 bombers, 6 stukkas, against 4 ships? hell you'd be lucky if you managed to get away....damn it was good fun that.
              May be I should check the item:

"Number 15: Play in a Stuka Squadron multiplayer" in my 100 things to be done before getting too old list.

Comment

Seriously, pick up Falcon as well :)
                Dynamic campaign, insanely realistic, huge dedicated community..
                On some servers there have been 30+ pilots going up, along with a player acting as AWACS. Incredibly immersive IMO.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread..

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I do have falcon 4 AF... spent maybe 30 minutes with it so far, lol... just not enough time in the day.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Hmm, is this series viable without a joystick?

Comment

I think you can dial down the realism settings so that the plane can be flown with the arrow keys, but obviously that's really unrealistic and you're not really getting the full experience.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X