Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eos

From Lock On Forums

The ET is an excellent missile to use from a tail perspective EOS shot.
    It's got a long range, the target does not hear it coming and it's fast enough to chase down an eagle on full afterburner some way.

You tend to hear..."WTF?" a lot though...

Howler.
    May explain those no 'lock tones'.
    Jex.

Re: Eos

It doesn't explain the lack of tone with multiple Strellas shooting at every aircraft in the mission tho. The last time I played, I watched pretty much every acft get smoked while I was waiting on my engines to spool up. Everything was Strella launches which do not incorporate tail aspect IR missles.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

yeah I noticed that too. You have to rely on your team mates more than anything.
      Jex.

Comment

yeah i am getting sick of that.. there isnt much point flying a plane if you dont know when you are being engage especially when there are systems on board which tell you.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

It occurs to me that it could be that the sheer number of threats in theater might have something to do with it. If you are overwhelmed with threats, you might actually reach a limit in what the RWR and TEWS can handle (programmed in the game, not in real life). Try reducing the amount of threats but making the threats better?
          Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Both the Strela-1 (SA-9 Gaskin) and the Strela-10 (SA-13 Gopher) use IR guidance so you won't get any lock or fire tone from them, same goes with the R-24ER.

The best way to defeat the missiles is team work like Jex said. Having your teammates looking out for launches in addition to looking around yourself is the only way to keep track of IR missiles, along with just trying to stay beyond their range. Dropping flares in a high threat environment when you think launches are probable is also a good idea, that is if you have the flares to spare.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X