Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Red Strike (almost) ready to play

Ah welcome comrades.

It looks as though we'll have another strike on these Georgian scum, no? Our intelligence shows that the turks have been supplying the Georgians with weapons. These weapons are being used for terrorist strikes against the mother land. They ship the weapons here, and then transport them to camps along the border.

Today we strike back and teach these people that Russia has not lost its punch. We are 70 miles off the coast and ready to move. The targets are the weapon stock pile buildings. Your flight will consist of 3 wings of 2 aircraft each.

Flight 1
    Take out the air defences around the target area.

Flight 2
    Destroy the buildings

Flight 3
    Provide CAP

Land back on the cariiers - good luck.

---------------------------------

Finished this last night. Only a small mission but there should be enough to do for 6 Su33's. The great thing about the 33 is that it is carrier based. To play this in MP I've had to set the take off's (insert) 1 minute apart from each other. The CAP planes are going last. Basically so we all form up. Once you have taken off, circle the CAG (carrier Air Group?- is this correct term and use?) until all planes are up and then proceed to your WP's.

Take off on the carrier is achieved by full flaps down. Crank the throttle forward (don't apply wheel brake) and get that gear up straight away. Your plane will drop rapidly so give around 20deg pitch up and hold until your airspeed increases enough for normal manouvering.

I tested the mission yesterday but only as 1 player. It all seems ok. I tried another landing. I left it really short. I pulled a 90deg right turn into the carrier from about 1nm away leaving me little room to line up, drop flaps, gear etc. Just as I was coming in my view decided to go all retarded and suddenly my legs stretched out a mile in front of me, then i was upside down and into the carrier lol

I was looking to make the landing too grrrr.

The missions isn't on the server yet - it needs to be tested with 6 for MP. I only have a 256 upload so if anyone else has better let me know?
    Jex.

Re: Operation Red Strike (almost) ready to play

I'm willing to help test. I won't be available today or tomorrow though. I have evening classes but if the testing is in the afternoon my time I might make it.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Re: Operation Red Strike (almost) ready to play

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      I'm willing to help test. I won't be available today or tomorrow though. I have evening classes but if the testing is in the afternoon my time I might make it.
      I should be able to host it if you want i have 1m upload

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X