Space Flight Sim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Flight Sim

I've been having the itch lately to mess around in this genre that seems to be dead. I used to love playing tie fighter, xwing vs tie fighter, wing commander, free lancer and x-wing alliance, however I can't seem to track down anything that's worth playing now.

Now granted, the above really can't be considered true sims for the most part, but what can be since we are not currently flying combat craft in space so I'm looking for something that seems close (ie. accurate physics, etc)

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Re: Space Flight Sim

Jay-

A couple of years ago I messed around with this. very cool, but very beyond my feeble intellect. It's Free:

Orbiter - Space Flight Simulator
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Are you a Babylon 5 fan? How about flying a Starfury?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee
        Are you a Babylon 5 fan? How about flying a Starfury?
        I fogot about that, it would fit my frame of mind since I just bought all of the B5 seasons.

Originally posted by loyalguard
        Jay-

A couple of years ago I messed around with this. very cool, but very beyond my feeble intellect. It's Free:

Orbiter - Space Flight Simulator
        Interesting, I may have to give this one a try.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, currently the space sim market is a bit lean. The only really newish one that I know of is X3- Reunion which is actually done by a european group, but it is really quite good. Much more of a build an empire in space sim (but it looks pretty as crap) than a realistic combat model. Unfortunantly, uses Star Force. That being said, I *love* this game. It is purely SP tho. http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php look at some of the screens there. Crap story, but *awesome* sandbox mode.

If you want realistic combat physics, go track down a copy of Independence War 2 (can get on ebay usually) it's a few years old, but it's the only game I know that uses close to realistic newtonian physics in space combat. I love the SP story to this one.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

There's always EVE. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it's out there. ;)
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...